The Best Taco Pasta Salad
Sprial noodles, seasoned ground beef, juicy tomatoes, black beans and plenty of cheese are all tossed in the best homemade taco-y dressing! It's everything you love about tacos turned into a tasty pasta salad!
Servings: 4 servings
For the pasta salad:
- 16 oz. dry rotini pasta (or a different medium sized noodle)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3-4 cups lettuce, chopped (optional)
- Optional: crushed tortilla chips
For the taco dressing:
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (~1 packet)
- 2 Tbsp water (or more for a thinner consistency)
To make the pasta salad:
Cook your pasta according to the package's directions then drain it and set it aside to cool completely.
While the pasta cools, season your beef with salt and pepper and saute it in a large skillet until it's no longer pink. (About 5-7 minutes) Set it aside to cool. (You might want to place it in the fridge so it can cool faster.)
Once the pasta and ground beef are completely cool, add them to a large bowl along with your black beans, tomatoes and cheese and give it a good toss. Pour your desired amount of dressing over the top and and mix it again until everything is completely coated.
Serve immediately over a bed of lettuce with crushed tortilla chips on top (if using). You can also let your salad chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you're planning to have leftovers - DO NOT mix the lettuce or tortilla chips in with the whole salad. (They'll both become wilty.) Serve each individual bowl over a bed of lettuce with crushed tortilla chips on top.
We love using Bob's blue cheese dressing & Lawry's taco seasoning for the dressing!