Peruvian Green Sauce (Aji Verde)
A bright Peruvian green sauce made with a blend of sour cream, garlic, lots of cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice & spices! It's bold in flavor, creamy, spicy, tangy & the perfect condiment for so many dishes. A drizzle of this sauce will brighten up the most basic foods!
Servings: 1 cup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped & packed (leaves & stems are ok)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cotija cheese, crumbled (or parmesan cheese)
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Keep your sauce stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it. Your sauce should stay good for 1 week if stored correctly.