And the energy balls just keep on coming! With St. Paddy’s Day vastly approaching, I knew that I wanted to make something spectacular (and green) for all you lovely readers out there. BUT I had already seen wayyy too many green pancakes, eggs and even smoothies all over social media that I was not about to add another one to your daily feeds. And that’s when it hit me….WHITE CHOCOLATE MATCHA ENERGY BALLS!
Since my banana bread protein bites were such a hit (and are freaking delicious too) I knew that energy balls were definitely the way to go!
Reasons for my Decision:
- They’re cheap.
- They’re easy.
- I already had everything I needed on hand. (And I’m sure you do too!)
- Charlie’s been having green tea every morning lately so, of course, now I’m CRAVING it all the time! (Sorry coffee, I’ll be back soon…)
For those of you that don’t know what matcha is and might be a little intimidated, don’t be! Scientifically speaking: matcha is a finely ground powder made from processed green tea leaves that can be dissolved in hot water to make tea or used as a flavoring. Long story short, it’s tea powder… But there are so many different ways you can use it! You can make tea (obviously), but you can also add it to your baked goods, pancakes, waffles, smoothies, even yogurt if you’re into that kind of thing! (And it also has a ton of heath benefits too!)
Health Benefits of Ingredients:
- Matcha/Green tea powder: helps to boost metabolism and burn calories, naturally detoxifies your body, is packed with antioxidants, enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Dates: high in fiber and are a natural sweetener (I try to only use natural sweeteners when making energy balls.)
- Almonds: high source of protein
- Cashews: high source of protein
- ChoCho Powder: more protein! (Chocho powder is a really neat product I stumbled upon that is the highest plant based protein on the planet. It’s also Paleo and Keto friendly too! Side note- You can always sub your favorite protein powder in place of this for the recipe.)
- White Chocolate: contains calcium and is caffeine free (Plus white chocolate and matcha go together like two peas in a pod! 🙂 )
So the next time you need a little afternoon pick-me-up trying giving one these little guys a try!
Hope you’re having the best day loves! 🙂
White Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp chocho powder*
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips, chopped**
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (for drizzling)
To Make the Balls:
- Soak the dates in hot water for 30 minutes. Discard water when done and peel thee skins off. (These should be falling off by the time they’re done soaking.)
- Place almonds and cashews in a food processor and blend until they form very small crumbs.
- Add the dates, matcha, vanilla and chocho powder. Blend until smooth. (The mixture will be very thick.) Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form mixture into one inch balls and place in the fridge to set.
To Make the Drizzle:
- Place 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat in a microwave at 30 second intervals until fully melted. (Mine took 60 seconds.)
- Drizzle over balls and place back in the fridge until your ready to eat.