Homemade Cajun seasoning made with a blend of zesty herbs & spices that are bold, spicy & savory! This seasoning will take any dish to the next level!
Fun fact about me, I love Cajun food! (Like loveee it!) Anything spicy with big bold flavors just speaks to me on a whole other level. And this seasoning here is without doubt the BEST cajun seasoning you will ever make! (That was a bit of a bold statement BUT it’s a bold seasoning so…it deserves it!😉)
Ingredients for your Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic powder: I used what’s usually called “granulated garlic” for mine. It’s not quite as fine as some garlic powders.
- Salt: Regular table salt or sea salt both work for this recipe.
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion powder: Same as the garlic, I use granulated onion for my seasoning.
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper
How To Make Cajun Seasoning
Simply mix your ingredients together in a bottle or jar then cover it with a lid. Your seasoning should stay good for a few months.
How Do I Use Cajun Seasoning?
Ohh my favorite question! It’s good on so many things! I usually use it as a dry rub for chicken but it’s also tasty with these too!
- Protein: Salmon, shrimp, pork chops, chicken wings, any type of kabobs or baked foil packets are yummy with it too!
- Veggies: Roasted corn, broccoli, potatoes, etc. (Potatoes are my favorite! You can even sprinkle a little in your breakfast hash for a fun kick!)
- Chips & crackers: It’s delicious sprinkled over homemade tortilla chips or pita chips!
More recipes you might like:
- Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Lime Sauce
- Crispy Cajun Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
- Jerk Shrimp with Mango Salsa
- Roasted Chipotle Salmon with Peach Salsa
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
The Best Cajun Seasoning
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic (garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp granulated onion (onion powder)
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix all your ingredients together in a jar or bottle then cover it with a lid.
- You can use it immediately or store it for up to 1 year.