Fresh sweet corn is mixed with juicy peaches, red onion, cilantro & creamy avocado all tossed in a simple honey-lime vinaigrette! This sweet corn salad is full of flavor and the perfect side dish for your next summer bbq, potluck or party!
There’s something about fresh corn during summer that makes my heart so happy. And corn salads have been my jam lately! This sweet corn salad is a slightly sweeter version of my summer corn and avocado salad and it’s definitely a new favorite now! It’s loaded with fresh summer produce, like peaches, avocado and corn (obviously😉) and tossed in an incredibly easy honey-lime vinaigrette! (Only 3 ingredients!) It’s quick, simple and such a great side dish for any summer bbq or party!
Ingredients For Your Corn & Peach Salad
- Corn: Fresh corn works the best! (It adds texture and sweetness that just can’t be replicated with canned or frozen corn.) I usually boil my corn cobs and let them cool completely before adding them to the salad.
- Peaches: Use ripe or just slightly under ripe peaches for the best results. (If your peaches are too ripe they’ll become mushy after being mixed with the salad.)
- Red onion: Red onion is perfect because it’s slightly sweet and doesn’t have a harsh “onion” taste. (Plus it looks so pretty tossed with the rest of your ingredients!)
- Cilantro: Always use the leaves and stems!
- Avocado: You’ll need 1-2 avocados for this recipe. You can either mix them in to your salad or add them on top right before serving.
- Limes: Used as the base of your vinaigrette. You’ll need 3-4 limes depending on the size of your salad.
- Honey: Just a few teaspoons is needed to sweeten your vinaigrette!
- Spices: A few cracks of black pepper go into the vinaigrette and a pinch of salt seasons the rest of the salad!
How To Make Sweet Corn Salad
- Prepare the corn. Cook your corn cobs using your favorite method and let them cool completely. Once cooled, cut the kernels off and add them to a large bowl.
- Cut the rest of your ingredients. Then pit and dice your peaches and finely chop your onion and cilantro. Add them to the bowl with your corn.
- Make the dressing. Whisk your lime juice, honey and lots of cracked pepper together until the honey completely dissolves.
- Mix & chill. Then pour your desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until it’s fully coated. Season the salad with salt to taste and toss it again. Then cover the salad and let it chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve! Right before serving, dice your avocado and either mix it into your salad or top it over each individual bowl and serve immediately.
For the vinaigrette: A good ratio to remember is for every 1 Tbsp of lime juice used, add 1 tsp of honey. This way you can make as little or much vinaigrette as you’d like! (Then add your cracked black pepper to taste.)
How To Boil Corn For Your Corn Salad
This is my favorite method for cooking corn on the cob! It’s quick, easy and yields perfectly cooked corn every time!
- Shuck your corn cobs and remove all the “whispies”.
- Then bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add your corn cobs and boil for 1½ – 2 minutes.
- Then remove your cobs from the pot and allow them to cool completely before cutting off the kernels.
OR make this salad a raw corn salad instead! Just cut your kernels off the cob without boiling it first! (It’s perfectly safe to eat & there’s no cooking needed!)
This corn salad is best if eaten the day of. If you do have leftovers, I’d suggest draining the vinaigrette and keeping the salad stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator. It should stay good for the next day but the peaches can become a little mushy if it sits for too many days after that. Also, remove any avocado before storing it too!
- Can I use frozen or canned corn instead? Yes. They won’t have the same texture as using fresh corn but they’ll still be just as tasty! If using frozen corn, make sure to thaw it completely and drain and excess liquid before adding it to your salad!
- That seems like a lot of vinaigrette. Do I have to use all of it? Not at all! I personally found 4 tablespoons of lime juice to be a good amount to completely coat the salad – but the vinaigrette does “pool” at the bottom of the bowl. If you don’t want “pooling” then I’d suggest starting with 2-3 tablespoons or adding as much (or as little) vinaigrette as you prefer. (You can always add more later!)
Why you’ll love this corn salad recipe!
- So simple! Just a few fresh ingredients & an easy vinaigrette are all you need for this tasty summer salad!
- Light & refreshing! Sweet corn, juicy peaches, fresh cilantro & lots of avocado & lime! It’s loaded with so many fresh flavors & textures that just scream summer!
- Perfect for summer parties! With it’s bright colors & simple ingredients, your guests will definitely be drawn to this salad! It’s always the first side dish to go at every party!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Great news, it already is!
More salad recipes you might like:
- Summer Corn Salad with Avocado
- Mexican Street Corn Potato Salad
- Black Bean, Mango & Avocado Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Kale Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Sweet Corn Salad with Peaches
- 3 ears of corn
- 3 peaches, pitted & diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp honey
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Cook your corn cobs using your favorite method and let them cool completely. Once cooled, cut the kernels off and add them to a large bowl.
- Then add your peaches, red onion and cilantro and give the salad a good mix.
- Next whisk your lime juice, honey and a decent amount of cracked black pepper together in a bowl. (Whisk until the honey completely dissolves.)
- Then pour your desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until it's fully coated. Season the salad with salt to taste and toss it again. Then cover and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Right before serving, dice your avocado and either mix it into your salad or top it over each individual bowl and serve immediately.