Pan seared chicken breasts are stuffed with a cheesy sun-dried tomato & artichoke filling then baked to golden perfection! It’s an easy chicken dinner that everyone will love!
Alright loves, I’ve been obsessed with stuffed chicken recipes lately. (In you couldn’t tell from my social media…) But ever since making my apple & brie stuffed chicken breast a few weeks ago, I just can’t seem to get enough of them. And this recipe –THIS RECIPE– ohhh man is it good! (I don’t want to brag or anything but my husband’s entire family even said it was the best dish I’ve created yet…and they try EVERYTHING I make!) It’s cheesy and tangy, the chicken is incredibly moist and it takes less than 30 minutes to make too! Trust me, this sun-dried tomato and artichoke stuffed chicken is without doubt going to become a favorite in your kitchen!
Ingredients for your stuffed chicken breast
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this easy dinner recipe:
- Chicken breast: Boneless & skinless chicken breast work the best for this recipe. (Try to find breasts that are similar in size to ensure they finish cooking at the same time.)
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Only use jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil for this recipe! (We’ll be using the oil to brown our chicken before baking it.)
- Artichoke quarters: Look for canned artichokes in a brine and not marinated artichokes. (Marinated artichokes will be too oily for this recipe.) Artichoke halves can be used instead too.
- Cream cheese: Whipped cream cheese works the best for this recipe and keeps the filling light and airy!
- Cracked salt & pepper: Just a touch is all you need to make those filling flavors pop!
- Italian seasoning: A bold spice mix used to season your chicken breast! (You can find this in the spice aisle at most grocery stores.)
How To Make Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the filling. Mix your chopped sun dried tomatoes, artichokes and cream cheese together. Then season it generously with salt to taste.
- Cut & sear your chicken. Lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and cut a slit into each one about ¾ of the way through. Brush both sides with a small amount of oil from your sun-dried tomato jar and season with salt & pepper. Then heat a large skillet over medium high heat and sear your chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the breasts to your prepared baking dish once done.
- Stuff your chicken. Divide the filling evenly between your chicken breasts, stuffing it into each slit. Then sprinkle your Italian seasoning over the top of each breast.
- Bake & serve! Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. (Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.) Serve immediately!
Tips For Making The Best Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Sear your breasts before stuffing them! Trust me, searing your chicken before stuffing them makes this recipe 1000x easier! (This way the filling won’t spill out when you flip the chicken over.)
- Don’t over stuff them! Chicken breasts tend to shrink when they bake which can push the filling out more. (If your stuffing is already falling out before you bake it, it will most likely end up all over the pan once it’s done.)
- What temperature should my stuffed chicken breast be at when it’s done? 165 degrees.
- Can I use dried sun-dried tomaotes instead? No. We need the oil from your sun-dried tomato jar to brush over your chicken before searing it.
- Can I use fresh artichokes instead of canned artichokes? I wouldn’t suggest it. Getting to the heart of the artichoke can be a lot of work and very time consuming. Using canned is faster and still tastes amazing!
Why you’ll love this cheesy stuffed chicken breast recipe
- An easy weeknight meal! It’s as simple as sear, stuff & bake!
- Fancy yet simple! This chicken dish looks soo good when plated up with a few side dishes! Everyone will think you spent all day in the kitchen when it only took you a few minutes to whip up!
- Full of flavor! Tangy sun-dried tomatoes, salty artichokes, light & airy cream cheese! This dish is an explosion of big bold flavors!
- Great for company! This recipe is hearty & can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a larger crowd!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Use your favorite dairy free cream cheese instead! (Our favorites are Green Valley or Kite Hill.)
More chicken recipes you might like:
- Apple & Brie Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Baked Balsamic Chicken with Caprese Salsa
- Pineapple Stuffed Teriyaki Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- ½ cup cream cheese (whipped is the best)
- ¼ cup jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ¼ cup artichoke quarters, chopped
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next mix your chopped sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and cream cheese together and season it generously with salt to taste.
- Then lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and cut a slit into each one about ¾ of the way through. Brush both sides with a small amount of oil from your sun-dried tomato jar and season with salt & pepper.
- Next heat a large skillet over medium high heat and sear your chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the breasts to your prepared baking dish once done. Divide the filling evenly among your chicken, stuffing it into each slit and sprinkle your Italian seasoning over the top of each breast.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (Internal temp should be 165 degrees.) Serve immediately!