Mini everything bagel bites are stuffed with rich cream cheese and baked to perfection! There’s no yeast or boiling required and they’re loaded with protein!
Who doesn’t love a good bagel and cream cheese? Or better yet, who doesn’t love a good everything bagel and cream cheese?! I swear as soon as I tried one of those bad boys, my life was changed forever! But sometimes I don’t have time to sit down and enjoy a bagel and all it’s cream cheese glory so I have to take it on the run…which usually leads to one huge mess in the car… Cue in these fluffy stuffed bagel bites!
Ingredients to Make Stuffed Bagel Bites
My favorite thing about this recipe is that there’s NO YEAST and NO BOILING REQUIRED! And they’re actually much healthier than most bagels too! All you need are the few ingredients listed below:
- Greek yogurt: Adds a ton of protein
- Flour: I used regular all purpose flour for this recipe but you can also use gluten free flour too. (Just make sure to use a 1:1 ratio gluten free flour. Bob’s Red Mill is my favorite brand to use.)
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese (I used reduced fat cream cheese.)
- Egg white
How to Stuff Your Bagel Bites
Dont’ worry babes, it’s much easier than it sounds!
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and place one of your balls of dough on the board.
- Flatten the dough with your hands until it forms a 1/4 inch thick even layer.
- Place one cube of cream cheese in the center and fold up all the sides around it to form a ball. (If the sides aren’t “forming together” then wet your fingers with some hot water and rub them on the creases until they “fuse” together.)
- Place your stuffed ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment and repeat with the remaining dough.
Super easy right?!
These don’t just have to be everything bagels too! Feel free to experiment with your favorite bagel toppings and fillings! Here are a few ideas for you below:
- Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar and fill it with cream cheese and raisins/dried cranberries
- Fill them with cream cheese and chives
- Use a flavored cream cheese instead of plain
Tips for Making Bagel Bites:
- Make sure to flour your cutting board and work station before working with the dough! This helps to keep the dough from sticking to everything.
- If the dough starts sticking to your hands, just lightly dust your hands in some flour.
- Use the hook attachment for your standing mixer. (Not the whisk!)
- If you don’t have a standing mixer, then use a large spoon to stir the batter together until a dough forms. From there, you can take it out of the bowl and knead it until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Side Note: Some of the cream cheese sort of evaporated from inside a few of the bagels. If this happens to you, don’t worry! Just stuff more cream cheese into them after taking a bite! 😉
I hope you all enjoy these bagel bites just as much as we do!
More recipes like this one:
- Banana Bread French Toast
- Apple Muffins with Peanut Butter Streusel
- Parmesan Egg Clouds (One of my blog’s most popular recipes)
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Stuffed Bagel Bites
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup flour (I used regular all purpose flour)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 egg white, whisked
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour the flour mixture into the bowl of a standing mixer and add the greek yogurt. Use the hook attachment and blend them together until a sticky dough forms.
- Once the dough is formed, divide it into 8 equal balls. Sprinkle some flour over your work station and your hands. Then place one of the balls on your work station and flatten it into an even layer with your hands. Once it's flattened, place a cube of cream cheese in the center and fold up all the sides to completely cover the cheese. (Make sure to seal all the sides so no cream cheese bursts out. You can do this by putting some hot water on your fingers and rubbing the creases together.)
- Place the balls on your prepared baking sheet and brush them with the whisked egg white. Sprinkle some everything seasoning over the top of each ball and bake them for 25 minutes.