Calling all s’mores lovers! Now you can make your favorite treat at home with only 3 ingredients and NO campfire needed!
S’mores… Doesn’t that word alone just scream summer?! Any time anyone even utters the word, I feel like I’m suddenly five years old again sitting around a campfire with my all friends, debating the “correct” way to make a s’more. (Which we all know is to slow roast those marshmallows. 😉 ) But what if you’re at home? Or don’t have a campfire?! Well I’ve got you covered babes with this easy s’mores skillet dip! It’s a fun way to eat your favorite summertime treat while still delivering on all that gooey flavor!
Just like regular s’mores, there’s only 3 ingredients that go into this ooey gooey dip! (Well actually there’s 2 now that I think about it… The graham crackers are just used for dipping.) Check out the ingredients below:
- Chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dairy free)
- Mini marshmallows: Can also be replaced with large “campfire” marshmallows too. (If using the larger ones, make sure to cut them in half before putting them in the cast iron.)
- Graham crackers
To make the dip, simply pour your chocolate chips into a cast iron skillet, top it with an even layer of marshmallows and bake the entire thing at 450 degrees for 5-6 minutes. How easy is that?!
Do I have to use a cast iron?
Not at all! You can use any regular casserole dish instead and use the same directions for the cast iron below. I’ve also made these individual sized by using small ramekins and they were perfect! Just make sure to spray any dish or cast iron you’re using with non-stick cooking spray. (Otherwise the marshmallows can be a beast to clean!)
(Side note: I personally prefer to use a cast iron just because I think it’s more fun and makes me feel more rustic. 😉 )
What size cast iron or casserole dish should I use for this?
I used a 6 inch cast iron for mine but honestly ANY SIZE of dish will work! The quantity amounts I noted in the recipe are really more like “guidelines” for you to follow. Just make sure to spread an even layer of chocolate chips on the bottom and an even layer of marshmallows on top and you’re good to go. I also wouldn’t fill the dish with marshmallows to point where it’s overflowing. The marshmallows puff up A LOT when they’re baking and if the dish is too full, they could spill into your oven.
Can I make this s’mores skillet dip dairy free?
Yes, yes and yes! Surprisingly marshmallows are already dairy free! (Fun fact for the day. 🙂 ) So in order to make this completely free of dairy, you just need to use dairy free chocolate chips. Then simply prepare it the same way according to the directions below.
How to make a S’mores Dipping Party!
This is such a fun dip to have for a movie night, when friends are over or to even bring to a summer potluck! It’s so easy to serve and stays hot for hours. You can even serve other fun things to dip in it too! Here are a few of my favorites below:
- Sliced bananas
- A friend of mine once dipped sliced celery…if you’re into that…
Ok now who’s ready to get their s’mores on and make this decadent gooey s’mores skillet dip?? (And can you please invite me over when you do?!)
I hope you all are having a great day loves!
*How to make the BEST S’MORE you will ever eat: Have your graham crackers and chocolate ready. Slow roast your marshmallow until it looks like it’s about to fall off the skewer. Stick that marshmallow in flame to catch part of it on fire, blow out the flame and immediately put it on your chocolate bar to start melting. Top it with your other graham cracker and enjoy! 🙂
More recipes like this:
- Edible Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Double Chocolate Butternut Squash Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Banana Bread Brownies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
S’mores Skillet Dip
- 1 ¼ – 1½ cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dairy free)
- Mini marshmallows (enough to cover the top)
- Graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 6 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and spread your chocolate chips on the bottom in an even layer. Cover the top with an even layer of mini marshmallows and bake for 5-6 minutes. (Or until your marshmallows are lightly toasted.)
- Serve immediately with your graham crackers.