Calling all s’mores lovers – Now you can make your favorite treat at home with only 3 ingredients! And NO campfire required!
S’mores… Doesn’t that word alone just scream summer?! Any time anyone even utters the word, I feel like I’m suddenly five years old again sitting around a campfire with my all friends, debating the “correct” way to make a s’more. (Which we all know is to slow roast those marshmallows. 😉 ) But what if you’re at home? Or don’t have a campfire?! Well I’ve got you covered babes with this easy s’mores skillet dip! It’s a fun way to eat your favorite summertime treat while still getting in all of that ooey gooey goodness too!
Just like your standard s’mores, there’s only 3 ingredients that go into this tasty treat! (Well actually only 2 now that I think about it… The graham crackers are really just used for dipping. 😉 )
- Chocolate chips: I personally love using milk chocolate for this recipe because of how creamy it is but you can also use semi-sweet or even dark chocolate too! (If you’re dairy free, use your favorite non-dairy chocolate chips. My personal favorite are by Enjoy Life.)
- Mini marshmallows: Can also be replaced with large “campfire” marshmallows too. (If using the larger ones, make sure to cut them in half before putting them on top of your chocolate chips.)
- Graham crackers: I mean, it just wouldn’t be smore’s without graham crackers right?! (These can also be replaced with your favorite gluten free “graham cracker” if needed.)
How to make s’mores skillet dip
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking.
- Then add your chococalte chips and spread them out in a even layer in the bottom of the pan. Next, add an even layer of your mini marshmallows over the top.
- Place your skillet in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and serve immediately with your graham crackers!
Do I have to use a cast iron?
Not at all! Any regular casserole dish will work too! Just follow the same instructions for the cast iron and you’ll be good to go. I’ve also made these individual sized by using small ramekins and they were perfect! For these, just fill your ramekins about half way with chocolate chips and then a layer of marshmallows and bake at the same temperature and amount of time as the original recipe. This options tends to work better if you have small kids or you just want a smaller portion.
Can I make this s’mores skillet dip dairy free?
Absolutely! A little fun fact for the day – marshmallows are dairy free! So in order to make this dip completely free of dairy, all you need to do is sub in your favorite dairy free chocolate chips!
How to make a S’mores Dipping Party!
This is such a fun dip to make for a movie night, a family get-together or even bring it to a summer potluck party! It’s so easy to serve and stays hot for hours which makes it the perfect dessert for a crowd. You can even through ina few other fun things to dip in it too! Here are a few of my favorites below:
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Sliced bananas
- Sliced red apples
Now who’s ready to get their s’mores on?! I hope you all are having a great day loves!
More recipes you might like:
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Oreo Cheesecake Dip (dairy free)
- Double Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Brownies
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Dipped Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
The Best S’mores Skillet Dip
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dairy free)
- Mini marshmallows (enough to cover the top)
- Graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and spread your chocolate chips on the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Cover the top with an even layer of mini marshmallows and bake for 5-6 minutes. (Or until your marshmallows are lightly toasted.)
- Serve immediately with your graham crackers.