Oooey gooey s’mores with NO CAMPFIRE REQUIRED! Melty chocolate chips & fluffy marshmallows are baked in the oven until toasty & served with your favorite graham crackers!
S’mores…Doesn’t that word just scream summer?! Any time someone even utters the word I feel like I’m five years old again sitting around a campfire trying to get that perfectly toasted marshmallow. (Btw slow roasting is the way to go!😉) But what if you’re at home? Or don’t have a campfire?! That’s where this insanely easy s’mores skillet dip comes in! It’s a fun and easy dessert recipe that’s perfect for parties or a lazy night in!
- Chocolate chips: Milk, semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips all work for this recipe! (I personally love using a mix of milk and dark chocolate chips. It’s perfectly sweet without over doing it!)
- Marshmallows: We always use mini marshmallows but large “campfire” marshmallows can be used instead. (If using the larger ones, cut them in half before adding them on top of your chocolate chips.)
- Graham crackers: Used for dipping into your ooey gooey marshmallows and melty chocolate!
How To Make S’mores Dip In The Oven
- Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 450 degrees and spray an 8 inch cast iron (or 8×8 casserole dish) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the skillet. Spread your chocolate chips on the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Then add an even layer of marshmallows on top.
- Bake. Place your pan in oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted and the chocolate is melty.
- Serve! Serve immediately with your graham crackers!
What To Serve With S’mores Skillet Dip
This is such a fun dip to make for a movie night, a family get-together or even bring it to a summer potluck party! It’s so easy to serve and stays hot for a while which makes it the perfect dessert for a crowd. Here are a few other fun ideas to serve it:
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Sliced apples
- Do I have to use a cast iron to make my s’mores dip? Not at all! An 8×8 casserole dish works too.
- Can I reheat my s’mores dip? Yes! Just place your skillet back in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until the chocolate is melty.
- Can I make s’mores dip in the microwave? I wouldn’t suggest it. The microwave won’t toast your marshmallows like the oven and it will have a different consistency overall.
- My marshmallows are toasting! What do I do? This could mean your oven isn’t hot enough or runs at a cooler temperature than most. (Every oven is different.) If you notice them not toasting right away, just move your skillet to the upper rack in the oven and continue baking. (You can also use a kitchen torch to finish them off.)
- My chocolate isn’t melty! What happened? You most likely baked the skillet for too long. Chocolate can be very tempermental and if you bake this dip anywhere past 10 minutes, your chocolate will become to thick and tough.
Why you’ll love this s’mores dip recipe
- So easy & fun! Who doesn’t love s’mores right?! This dip makes them convenient for everyone & takes just minutes to make!
- No campfire needed! One dish & an oven are all you need! (Plus some chocolate & marshmallows too!😉)
- Perfect for a crowd! Have a movie night coming up? Or a game day party? This dessert dip is always a hit! Serve it with a variety of dipping options to make it extra special for your guests!
More dessert recipes you might like:
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Baked Nectarines with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Oreo Cheesecake Dip (Dairy Free)
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Double Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Brownies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
The Best S’mores Skillet Dip
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dark chocolate)
- Mini marshmallows (enough to cover the top)
- Graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Then spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet (or 8×8 casserole dish) with non-stick cooking spray and spread your chocolate chips on the bottom in an even layer.
- Next cover the top with an even layer of mini marshmallows and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted.)
- Serve immediately with your graham crackers.