An incredibly easy cookie recipe made with crushed graham crackers, gooey chocolate bar pieces and warm toasted marshmallows. Plus they only require 7 ingredients and can be made gluten and dairy free too!
It’s National S’mores Day babes! Which can only mean one thing in my book…s’mores cookies! These babies might look intense, but trust me, they’re probably the easiest cookie you’ll ever make! Plus, no fire pit needed. 😉
Only 7 Ingredients?!
Yep! I’m obsessed with minimal ingredient recipes so this cookie is right up my alley! (It’s basically just a spin I put on my classic 5 ingredient almond butter cookies, which are absolutely divine if I might say. 😉 ) Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Nut butter (Feel free to use your favorite! I used cashew butter for mine.)
- Coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Graham crackers (crushed in a food processor)
- Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces
What kind of chocolate can you use?
Any kind you want! I kept it traditional and went with a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar but feel free to use your favorite chocolate bar too! These would still be fantastic with dark chocolate, semi-sweet and even non-dairy. OR simply replace the chocolate bar pieces with chocolate chips too! (But what fun would that be right?!)
A few tips for baking these cookies
- Make sure to roll the dough into 1 inch balls before baking them. DO NOT just spoon the batter onto the baking sheet. (The cookies will look kinda funny if you do. 🙂 )
- If possible, try putting your balls of dough in the fridge for a few minutes so they have a chance to “set.” I’ve found that the cookies don’t expand quite as much when they bake after doing this.
- Save a few chocolate bar pieces for the top! As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a few chocolate pieces on the top of each cookie and then let them cool.
- Let the cookies COOL COMPLETELY on the baking sheet after taking them out of the oven! (Mine took about 7-8 minutes) The cookies will break apart if you try to move them too soon.
- My cookies were very sticky the next day due to the marshmallows. I would suggest storing them in an air tight container or ziplock bag a few hours after making them. (Or you can just eat them all in one sitting and be done with it… your choice! 😉 )
But these s’mores cookies are pretty straight forward and practically fool proof loves! I know after the first bite, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
Hope you’re all having the very best Saturday!
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
- 1 cup nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter for this recipe)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (can replace with brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers*
- ½ cup chopped chocolate bar** (or chocolate chips)
- ⅔ cup marshmallows
- Optional: more chopped chocolate bar pieces for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl. Then add the nut butter, coconut sugar, graham crackers and baking soda and stir together. Stir in the chocolate bar pieces and marshmallows.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the baking sheet. (The dough will spread so make sure to place the balls a few inches apart.) Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When done, pull them out of the oven and immediately press a few of your extra chocolate bar pieces onto the top of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool for 7-8 minutes on the sheet before moving them to a cooling rack!