Chicken tenders, bell peppers & onions are tossed in a bold homeamade fajita seasoning with cilantro & lime then baked to perfection! These sheet pan chicken fajitas are an easy weeknight dinner & perfect for taco night!
Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? These sheet pan chicken fajitas are your answer! Perfectly seasoned chicken, tender bell peppers and onions, fresh cilantro, lime juice – this meal has it all! Plus it’s an easy one pan dinner that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! Your family’s going to love this delicious Mexican-inspired meal!
Fun fact: I almost always order fajitas whenever we go out to a Mexican restaurant… (I think it’s the sizzling pan that gets me.😉)
Ingredients For You Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken tenders: We love using chicken tenders for this recipe! They’re easy to shred/cut and there’s hardly any prep work involved!
- Bell peppers: Any color of bell pepper works! We love using a mix of red, green and yellow for ours! (Red, yellow and orange bell peppers tend to be a little sweeter while green peppers tend to be more on the bitter side.)
- Onion: Red or white onion can be used for this recipe. (I love the pop of color the red onion adds! Plus it more mild in flavor than white onion too.)
- Olive oil: You’ll need 2 tablespoons of oil to coat your chicken and veggies before baking.
- Cilantro: Always use the leaves and stems for maximum flavor!
- Lime juice: You’ll need 1 fresh lime to squeeze over your fajitas and a few extra wedges for serving.
- Fajita seasoning: My homemade fajita seasoning is a bold blend of spices with just a touch of heat! (You can make it as spicy or mild as you want too!) Or use your favorite store bought fajita seasoning instead.
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
1. Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and oil a large rimmed sheet pan. (Alternatively, you can use a 9×13 baking dish instead.)
2. Make your fajita seasoning (if using my homemade version). Then mix your fajita spices together in a small bowl and set it aside.
3. Prepare your chicken & veggies. Add your chicken tenders to a large bowl. Then slice your bell peppers and onion and add them to the bowl with your chicken.
4. Toss & bake. Add your chopped cilantro, lime juice and 2-3 tablespoons of fajita seasoning to the bowl and toss until the chicken and veggies are fully coated. (Sometimes I’ll add a little more seasoning at this point or wait and taste the fajitas after I’ve shredded them to see if they need more seasoning.) Then spread your fajitas out on your prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. (Because every oven is different, I would suggest checking them at 15 minutes to see how much longer they’ll need to cook.)
5. Serve! Shred or slice your chicken then serve immediately with flour tortillas and your favorite taco toppings!
Perfect for families or anytime you’re hosting guests! You can easily turn this into a taco bar and let everyone choose how they want to use them! (Plus it’s a healthy dinner idea too!)
There are so many ways to serve sheet pan chicken fajitas! Keep it traditional and serve them with warm tortillas, rice and refried beans, turn them into tacos, make a salad/burrito bowl – the possibilities are endless! Here are a few toppings and side dishes we love serving with them:
- Mashed avocado/guacamole
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite salsa!
- Mexican rice
- Refried beans
- Tortilla chips
- Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salsa
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Mexican Street Corn Kale Salad
Eat them straight off the pan or turn them into your favorite creation! (I’ve been on a major tostada kick lately and these are perfect!)
- I don’t have chicken tenders! What else can I use? Chicken breast is a great replacement! If using breasts, cut them into thin slices and prepare the same way as you would the tenders.
- What tortillas are the best for chicken fajitas? Flour tortillas are more traditional but you can use corn tortillas if you prefer. (We usually use flour but that’s our personal preference.)
- How do I store my leftover chicken fajitas? Place your leftover chicken and veggies in an air tight container and keep them stored in the refrigerator.
- How long will my chicken fajitas stay good in the refrigerator? 5-7 days if they’re stored properly.
- Can I reheat my chicken fajitas? Absolutely! You can reheat them in the microwave or warm them in a pan on the stove.
Why you’ll love this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe!
- Quick & easy! Minimal prep & only 20 minutes to bake – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
- A simple one pan dinner! One pan + one bowl are all you need for this quick healthy meal! Plus clean up’s a breeze & dinner’s on the table in no time at all!
- Perfect for meal prep! Make it on Sunday then portion some out for easy lunches during the week!
- So many serving options! Tacos, tostadas, salad, burrito bowls – there’s so many ways you can make this dish your own!
More Mexican-inspired recipes you might like:
- Crispy Chicken Carnitas Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Cheesy Turkey Taco Skillet
- Crispy Chipotle Shredded Beef Tacos
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1½ lbs. chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ of a red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (leaves & stems are ok)
- 2-3 Tbsp fajita seasoning* (See below for my homemade fajita seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Flour tortillas, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and oil a large rimmed sheet pan.
- Then add your chicken tenders, sliced bell peppers, onions, olive oil, fajita seasoning, chopped cilantro and lime juice to a large bowl and toss until the chicken and veggies are fully coated.
- Then pour your fajitas into your prepared pan and spread them out in an even layer. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. (Because every oven is different, I would suggest checking them at 15 minutes to see how much longer they'll need to cook.)
- Once done, shred or slice your chicken and serve immediately with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.