Juicy chicken, bell peppers & onions are tossed in a spicy homemade seasoning with cilantro & lime juice & baked until tender & crispy! These chicken fajitas are an easy sheet pan dinner & always a family favorite for taco night!
Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? These sheet pan chicken fajitas are your answer! Perfectly seasoned chicken, crisp bell peppers and onions, cilantro, fresh lime juice – it’s got them all! Plus it’s an easy one pan dinner that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! Your family’s going to love this classic Mexican recipe!
Fun fact – I always order fajitas whenever we’re at a Mexican restaurant… (I think it’s the sizzling pan that does it for me.😉)
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken tenders: I love using chicken tenders for this recipe because they’re incredibly tender and there’s not a lot of extra cutting involved!
- Bell peppers: Any color of bell pepper works! (We’ll usually use a mixture of red, green and yellow. Red, yellow and orange peppers tend to be a little sweeter and green peppers tend to be more bitter.)
- Onion: Red onion works the best for this recipe. (It’s much more mild in flavor than white or yellow onions.)
- Cilantro: Use the leaves and stems for maximum flavor!
- Lime juice: We’ll be squeezing one lime over our fajitas before baking them.
- Fajita seasoning: A handful of spices are all you need to make my spicy homemade fajita seasoning! It’s bold, incredibly flavorful and has just the right amount of heat!
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Make your seasoning. Mix your fajita spices together in a bowl and set it aside.
- Prepare your chicken & veggies. Slice your bell peppers and onion, chopped your cilantro and take your chicken tenders out of their packaging.
- Toss & bake. Add your chicken tenders, peppers and onion to a large bowl and give them a quick spritz with your cooking spray. Then add your cilantro, lime juice and 2-3 tablespoons of your fajita seasoning and toss until everything is fully coated. Pour your fajitas into your prepared pan and spread them out in an even layer. (I like to position the chicken on top of my veggies.) Then place the entire pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the veggies are tender.
- Serve! Shred your chicken or cut them into slices and serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings!
Want crispier fajitas? Turn your oven to broil after they’re done baking & let them broil for 2-3 more minutes!
What To Serve With Chicken Fajitas
We love serving all of our favorite taco toppings with these fajitas! Pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream – it all tastes soo good together! Oh and tortillas, warm tortillas are essential for these! A few other ideas you can serve with them are:
- Mexican rice
- Refried beans
- Mexican chopped salad
- Tortilla chips
- Elote (Mexican street corn)
- Mashed avocado
- Lime wedges
You can eat these as chicken fajita tacos, tostadas, straight off the pan or even turn them into a chicken fajita salad! There’s so many options!
- I don’t have chicken tenders! What else can I use? Chicken breasts also work! If using breasts instead of tenders, cut the breasts into thin slices and prepare them the same way as you would tenders. For cooking, bake your chicken and veggies at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- What tortillas are the best for chicken fajitas? Flour tortillas are more traditional but you can use corn tortillas if you prefer. (We usually use flour but that’s our personal preference.)
- How do I store my leftover chicken fajitas? Place your leftover chicken and veggies in an air tight container and keep it stored in the fridge.
- How long will my chicken fajitas stay good in the fridge? 5-7 days if they’re stored properly.
- Can I reheat my chicken fajitas? Absolutely! You can reheat them in the microwave or warm them in a pan on the stove.
Why you’ll love this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe
- A one pan dinner! One pan & one bowl are all you need for this easy meal! Cleanup’s a breeze & dinner’s on the table in no time at all!
- Quick & easy! Minimal prep & only 15 minutes to bake – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
- So many options for serving! Not feeling tacos? Turn them into tostadas! Keeping it low carb? Make a chicken fajita salad! There’s so many tasty options to choose from!
More Mexican recipes you might like:
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Lime Sauce
- Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1½ lb. chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsps fajita seasoning* (See below for my homemade fajita seasoning recipe)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Next add your chicken tenders, sliced bell peppers and onion to a large bowl and give them a quick spritz with your cooking spray. Then add your fajita seasoning, cilantro and lime juice and toss until everything is fully coated. (Try to put most of your seasoning on the chicken.)
- Then pour your fajitas into your prepared pan and spread them out in an even layer. (I like to position the chicken on top of my veggies.) Place the entire pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the veggies are tender.
- Once done, shred your chicken or cut them into slices and serve with warm tortillas.
- For crispier fajitas: Turn your oven to broil after the fajitas are done baking and let them broil 2-3 minutes.