Salmon fillets are brushed with honey & coated in smoky chipotle spices then served with the BEST homemade peach salsa! This roasted chipotle salmon is delicious & an easy summer dinner idea!
I’m always a sucker for a good sweet and spicy recipe – bonus points if it includes salmon!😉 And this roasted chipotle salmon with peach salsa is *chef’s kiss* SO GOOD!
This recipe features tender salmon fillets brushed with honey that pair perfectly with your smoky and savory chipotle spice rub. (Which can easily be adjusted to the spice level you want.) And if that’s not enough, there’s always the fresh peach salsa to cool it down even more! We love serving this dish for an easy summer meal – especially when peaches are in season!
Ingredients For Your Roasted Chipotle Salmon
- Salmon fillets: Salmon fillets with OR without skin can both be used for this recipe. (Try using fillets similar in size so they finish cooking around the same time.)
- Honey: Use as much honey as you want to brush over your salmon fillets!
- Peaches: You’ll need 2-3 medium peaches for your peach salsa. (Use ripe or just slightly under ripe peaches for the best results.)
- Onion: Red onion works the best for your salsa. (It’s sweeter and more mild in flavor that white or yellow onions.)
- Jalapeño: Deseed your jalapeño and finely chop it for the peach salsa!
- Cilantro: Use the leaves and stems for maximum flavor!
- Limes: You’ll need just enough lime juice to coat your salsa! (Plus a few extra wedges for serving later.)
- Spices: Chipotle powder, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper are all needed to season your salmon!
How To Make Roasted Chipotle Salmon with Peach Salsa
1. Make the peach salsa. Mix your diced peaches, jalapeño, onion, cilantro and lime juice together in a bowl. Then season it with salt and pepper, taste it and adjust your seasonings if needed. Cover the salsa and keep it chilled in the refrigerator while you prepare your salmon.
2. Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Prepare the salmon. Place your salmon fillets in the prepared dish and mix your spices together. Then brush each fillet with honey and sprinkle your chipotle seasoning evenly over the top. (If using salmon with skin, place your fillets in the dish skin side down.)
4. Roast. Place your salmon in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes or until the fillets flake easily with a fork.
5. Serve! Serve immediately with your peach salsa and extra lime wedges and enjoy!
Save your leftover salmon in an airtight container and keep it store in the refrigerator. Your salmon should stay good for 3-4 days if stored properly. You can also keep your leftover salsa but we’ve found that it’s really the best when eaten the day of. (The peaches can become a little mushy after sitting for a few days.)
- Can I use salmon fillets with the skin on? Absolutely! If using skin-on salmon, make sure to place them in the baking dish with the skin side down.
- Do I need to peel my peaches before adding them to the salsa? No! Peach skin is soft enough to eat so you won’t even notice it after they’re mixed with the rest of your ingredients.
- Can I use canned peaches instead? I wouldn’t suggest it. Canned peaches have a different texture and taste than fresh peaches and can cause your salsa to become “syrupy”.
Why you’ll love this roasted salmon recipe!
- An easy summer dinner! Mix up your salsa & the salmon only takes 10 minutes to cook!
- Great way to use up leftover peaches! Don’t let those summer peaches go to waste! This simple peach salsa can be used for so many dishes!
- Perfect for sweet & spicy lovers! Honey + smoky chipotle seasoning + sweet & tangy peach salsa is the perfect sweet & salty trifecta!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Great news, it already is!
More easy salmon recipes you might like:
- Baked Sugar Spiced Salmon
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Chipotle Maple Air Fried Salmon
- Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Dijon Sauce
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Roasted Chipotle Salmon with Peach Salsa
For the chipotle salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika*
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Honey, enough to brush over the salmon
- Extra lime wedges, for serving
For the peach salsa:
- 2-3 peaches, pitted & diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ of a jalapeño, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (or enough to coat the salsa)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
To make the peach salsa:
- Mix your peaches, jalapeño, onion, cilantro and lime juice together in a bowl then season it with salt and pepper to taste. (Taste and adjust your seasonings if needed.) Then cover the salsa and keep it chilled in the refrigerator while you prepare your salmon.
To make the chipotle salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Then mix your chili powder, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, garlic powder and salt together in a bowl and set it aside.
- Place your salmon fillets in the prepared dish (skin side down if using fillets with skin) and brush each fillet with honey. Sprinkle your chipotle seasoning evenly over each fillet.
- Then place your salmon in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes or until the fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately with your peach salsa and extra lime wedges on the side.