Another day, another protein ball… But seriously though, when they’re so good and so easy to make, how can you not make a ba-jillion different kinds?! And this one is definitely becoming a quick family favorite! Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Bites!
How many of you all loved pb&j as a kid? (Or heck, how many of you still love it?) I know I definitely do! And I can never seem to pass up an opportunity to feed the inner child in me.
So real quick, here’s a few tips on how to make these perfect little throwbacks:
- Make sure to finely blend the almonds BEFORE adding the other ingredients! We don’t want any large pieces in there EXCEPT for the strawberries.
- Try warming the peanut butter BEFORE you add it to the other ingredients. (This makes it easier to mix everything together!)
- Feel free to use a flavored protein powder! I used a strawberry flavored protein powder to really play up those fruity notes.
- Gluten Free? Just sub the oats for gluten free oats. (Bob’s Red Mill has so great options)
- If the balls are still too dry, try adding a little more peanut butter to bind the oats and and almonds together.
Like I said before, my family LOVES protein balls! (Especially this recipe! 😉 ) They’re perfect for meal prepping, kids love them, they make a great post workout snack, but most importantly… They taste freakin’ delicious!
I hope you give the all a try loves!
And remember to tag me on social media if you do! 🙂 I always love seeing your creations.
[ Tag @kaleitinthekitchen ]
Love this recipe? Try some of my other protein bites below:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Bites
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats*
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp protein powder**
- 3/4 cup freeze dried strawberries***
- Crumbled freeze dried strawberries, for the top
- Blend almonds, oats and protein powder in a food processor until finely ground.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add peanut butter, maple syrup and dried strawberries. Use a large spoon to stir until fully combined.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls. Sprinkled crumbled strawberries over the top and place in the fridge until ready to eat.