Easy, delicious and best of all no bake! These bars are the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate chip cookie craving without even having to turn on the oven!
When it comes to cookies, I’m usually team cookie over cookie dough all the way… (Especially when they’re freshly baked. 😉 ) But I’ll admit every now and then, a big ol’ dollop of gooey cookie dough definitely hits the spot. And man have my doughy cravings been off the charts lately! Which is why I’m so excited to share with you all my no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars today!
One of the reasons I love this recipe is because it’s gluten free, egg free, Paleo friendly, vegan and can easily be made dairy free too depending on the type of chocolate you use. Plus it tastes exactly like real cookie dough! Check out the ingredients below:
- Almond butter: Can be replaced with your favorite type of nut butter.
- Maple syrup: Make sure to use pure maple syrup and not “pancake syrup” like Aunt Jemima’s.
- Almond flour: I used super fine almond flour for this recipe. Do not use almond meal or “natural” almond flour! Almond meal is made from blanched almonds with the skin still on which makes it harder for it to “bind” the cookie dough together. If you use this, you’ll end up with very crumbly cookie dough.
- Mini chocolate chips: Use dairy free if needed. I used these for the cookie dough layer because they cut more easily that regular chocolate chips.
- Dark chocolate chips: Use dairy free if needed. These are for the top layer. You can also replace them with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate too.
- Coconut oil: I used unrefined coconut oil for this recipe.
What type of nut butter should I use for this recipe?
Almost any type of nut butter will work for these bars. My favorites to use are almond butter and cashew butter because they have a more mild flavor to them. If you use peanut butter, it will have a very strong peanut buttery taste. But honestly, just have fun with it and experiment a little until you find a nut butter that you like the best. You could try a flavored nut butter, sunflower seed butter, pecan butter etc. The options really are endless here! 🙂
How to store No Bake Cookie Bars
After cutting the bars into squares, simply place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. These bars should stay good for about 1 1/2 weeks.
You can also store them in the freezer for longer too! Just let them thaw 5-10 minutes before eating otherwise they’re too hard to bite through.
Tips for making No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- For easy cutting, let the bars sit out of the fridge for 5 -10 minutes.
- You can also run your knife under hot water before cutting the bars too! (The warm knife cuts right through the cold chocolate.)
- Always line your loaf tin with parchment paper! This makes it easier to pull the bars out and minimizes clean up too.
- Put your bars in the freezer if you want them to harden faster.
Words cannot describe how much I love these bars and I can’t wait to hear what you think of them too!
Hope you’re all having a great start to your week!
More recipes like this:
- Edible Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Samoa Cookie Stuffed Dates
- 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
For the cookie dough layer:
- 1 cup almond butter (can replace with your favorite nut butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate layer:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ tsp coconut oil
- Optional: sea salt, to sprinkle on top
To make the cookie dough layer:
- Combine the almond butter, maple syrup, almond flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and stir until fully combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line a 9×5 loaf tin with parchment paper and press the dough into the bottom of the tin. (Make sure it's an even layer.)
To make the chocolate layer:
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat them together in the microwave at 30 second intervals until they're completely. (Stir in between each interval. Mine took about 1 minutes 15 seconds.)
- Pour the chocolate over your cookie dough and spread it out evenly. (Sprinkle with some sea salt on top if you're using it.)
- Place the entire tin in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. Once it's set, cut the bars into squares and serve!