Loaded with fresh veggies, crumbled feta & tossed in a zesty dill vinaigrette! This Mediterranean tuna salad is so easy to make & perfect for a healthy lunch!
If you’re looking for a light and healthy lunch idea – you have to try this Mediterranean tuna salad! It’s a no-mayo tuna salad that’s loaded with fresh veggies, lean protein and has the most delicious zesty dill vinaigrette! It takes less than 15 minutes to put together and would be fantastic for meal prep!
Ingredients For Your Tuna Salad
- Canned tuna: We love using albacore tuna for this recipe because its firmer in texture and doesn’t get lost when it’s mixed with the rest of your ingredients. (Try using canned tuna in water or it’s own juices for the best flavor.)
- Persian cucumber: They’re smaller in size and have a thinner skin than reglar cucumbers. (Plus less seeds too!) English cucumbers would also work for this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Use your favorite tomatoes for this tuna salad! (I love using cherry tomatoes or tomatoes-on-the-vine! They have such great flavor!)
- Kalamata olives: Buy them already pitted for ease!
- Feta cheese: Always buy a block of feta and crumble it yourself! (It’s much more flavorful than store bought crumbled feta.)
- Olive oil: You’ll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil for your vinaigrette.
- Red wine vinegar: Adds a slight tang to your vinaigrette without overdoing it!
- Lemon juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best results. (You’ll need at least 1 lemon depending on how juicy it is.)
- Spices: Dried dill, salt and black pepper are used to season your tuna salad and vinaigrette.
How To Make Mediterranean Tuna Salad
1. Make your dill vinaigrette. Whisk your vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl or jar and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Then set it aside while you prepare your tuna salad.
2. Prep your tuna salad ingredients. Drain and mash your tuna and add it to a large bowl. Then slice your cucumber, olives, red onion and tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
3. Toss! Crumble your feta cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad in your desired amount of vinaigrette then taste it and adjust your seasonings if needed.
4. Serve! Serve immediately with your favorite crackers or cover the salad and let it chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
I love the convenience of canned tuna and there’s so many ways you can serve it! Here are a few ideas to help get you started.
- Serve it with your favorite crackers!
- Top it over a bed of greens! (We’ll usually make a little extra vinaigrette for this one.)
- Stuff it into a pita for a different type of “tuna salad sandwich”!
- Eat it straight from the bowl!
Make this Mediterranean tuna salad your own by adding in or swapping out your favorite ingredients! Chopped bell pepper or green onion would be great additions or even sliced pepperoncini for a little extra kick! Turn this into a high protein lunch by adding in a handful of chickpeas too!
Why you’ll love this Mediterranean tuna salad recipe!
- A healthy tuna salad! It’s loaded with fresh veggies & lean protein making it perfect for work/school lunches!
- Easy meal prep! Comes together in less than 15 minutes & keeps well in the refrigerator!
- A no-mayo tuna salad! Most tuna recipes call for using globs of mayo – not this one! We’re using a zesty dill vinaigrette to tie our ingredients together instead!
More recipes you might like:
[Made one of my recipes? Tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments – I love seeing what you create!]
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
For the tuna salad:
- 2 5oz. cans albacore tuna, drained & mashed
- 1 Persian cucumber, halved & thinly sliced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
For the zesty dill vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk your vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl or jar then season it with salt and pepper to taste. Set your vinaigrette aside while you prepare your tuna salad.
To make the tuna salad:
- Add your tuna, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onion and feta cheese to a large bowl and give it a good stir.
- Then pour your vinaigrette over the top and toss until the salad is fully coated. Taste the salad and season it with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill before serving or serve immediately with your favorite crackers.