Sweet, tangy and everything in between! This easy baked salmon dish is sure to become a favorite in no time!
Love is an understatement when it comes to my feelings for salmon. Can anyone else relate?? I don’t know what it is about this succulent fish but it’s always the first item I look for on the menu at any restaurant AND the first thing that pops into my head whenever I want an easy dinner. So you can imagine the euphoric state I was in when I topped it with this maple mustard glaze for the first time and realized that it took it to a whole other level! (Sensory overload, let me tell ya… 😮 ) So here it is loves, in all it’s glory – my maple mustard glazed salmon that will straight up BLOW YOUR MIND!
But first, a few tips and tricks when it comes to this recipe!
How do I bake salmon fillets?
Honestly it couldn’t be easier! Just lather the salmon up with whatever spices/marinade you’re using, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line it with parchment paper and bake it at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. (How easy is that?!) I always love baking my salmon whenever I’m using a sweeter marinade or a rub with sugar in it because there’s a lesser chance of the salmon burning. (When you saute salmon with any type of the sugar, the heat from the pan caramelizes the sugar and can cause it to burn VERY QUICKLY! Fun fact for the day! 😉 )
- Also keep in mind that every oven works differently so the salmon may take more or less time to cook depending on your oven.
Skin On vs. Skin Off
This is a complete personal preference. But the great news is, for this recipe it doesn’t really matter! I almost always use skin off just because that’s the way it comes in the giant Costco-sized bag we buy. (Hello $25.99 for all that deliciousness!) But if you’re feeling fancy and want the skin on, just make sure to place the salmon skin side down on the pan and brush the top with the sauce.
*Note: Discard the skin before eating!
What do I serve with maple mustard salmon?
Because this salmon dish is a little sweet and tangy, there are A TON of side dishes that go well with it! Below are a few of my favorites:
- Sauteed kale (as pictured)
- Roasted butternut squash or delicata squash (as pictured)
- Mashed butternut squash
- Mashed potatoes/cauliflower
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Sauteed green beans with garlic and shallots
- Citrus pomegranate and kale salad
- Grape and feta kale salad
Honestly the list could go on and on…
I just know you’re all going to love this maple mustard glazed salmon just as much as I do! Hope you have a great day!
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup*
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (without skin)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Lemons, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the maple, mustard and garlic in a bowl and brush the sauce over both sides of the salmon. Sprinkle with sea salt ad paprika.
- Place the salmon on the the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and enjoy!