Loaded with shredded chicken, fresh corn, green chiles & spicy Mexican cheese! This chicken enchilada dip is delicious & always the first appetizer to go at parties! Best served with your favorite tortilla chips!
It wouldn’t be game day without a hot, gooey, cheesy chicken dip, right?! My thoughts exactly!😉 And this green chile chicken enchilada dip has been stealing the show ever since I first made it. It’s loaded with shredded chicken, sweet corn, spicy green chiles and let’s not forget the best part – all that gooey cheese! It’s creamy, hearty & soo good when served with tortilla chips! Your guests will agree – this is the BEST CHICKEN DIP for game day!
Very similar to buffalo chicken dip but with a fun Mexican twist! It’s perfect for Super Bowl parties, potlucks, tailgating – you name it!
Ingredients For Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Shredded chicken: Any shredded cooked chicken will work for this recipe. (We use store bought shredded rotisserie chicken to make things easier.)
- Canned diced green chiles: Use “hot”green chiles if you want a spicy dip and “mild” chiles for less heat.
- Green enchilada sauce: You’ll only need a ½ cup of sauce for this recipe. (A small can will work just fine!)
- Corn: Use fresh corn for the best results! (It has the best texture and flavor.) Canned or frozen corn can be used instead.
- Cream cheese: Block cream cheese works the best for this recipe! You’ll need one 8 ounce block.
- Plain greek yogurt: We use 0% greek yogurt but feel free to use your favorite plain greek yogurt.
- Pepper jack cheese: A hefty handful of cheese goes in your dip to add flavor and spice.
- Seasonings: Chile powder and salt are all that’s needed to spice up your chicken dip!
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip In The Oven
1. Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and spray a cast iron or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Prepare your ingredients. Drain & rinse your chiles, cut the kernels off your corn cobs (if using fresh) OR drain and rise your corn (if using canned) OR thaw your corn (if using frozen), grate your cheese & let your cream cheese soften at room temperature.
3. Mix. Add all your dip ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
4. Bake. Pour the dip into your prepared cast iron or dish and sprinkle extra pepper jack cheese over the top. Bake the dip for 25-30 minutes or until it’s hot all the way through.
5. Serve! Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion, avocado or black olives and serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips!
Want a spicer dip? Use hot green chiles & medium/hot enchilada sauce.
Want a more mild dip? Use mild chiles & mild enchilada sauce.
Storage Tips & Reheating
To Store: Place your dip in an airtight container and keep it stored in the refrigerator. It should stay good for 3-4 days if stored properly.
To Reheat: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake your dip for 15-20 minutes or until it reaches your desired temperature. You can also reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
To Freeze: Place your dip in an airtight container or freezer bag and keep it stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then place it in the refrigerator to thaw completely before reheating it using the same directions as above.
- Is green chile chicken enchilada dip spicy? It’s a little spicy but not overpowering. Depending on the chiles and enchilada sauce you use – you can easily make it spicier or more mild according to your preference.
- I want it cheesier! How do I do it? Add another handful of pepper jack cheese to your mix and sprinkle a good helping of cheese over the top before baking.
- Can I prep any ingredients beforehand? Absolutely! You can make the entire dip 1-2 days in advance! Keep it stored in the refrigerator until your ready to serve, then bake it according to the directions below!
- What do I serve with chicken enchilada dip? It’s fantastic with tortilla chips! You can also serve it with Fritos, sliced bell pepper, grape tomatoes or sliced zucchini (for your more health conscious guests).
Why you’ll love this chicken enchilada dip
- Hearty & full of flavor! Loaded with shredded chicken, green chiles, sweet corn & spicy cheese! This dip will keep your guests full all party long!
- A guest favorite! We always (and I mean always) are asked for this recipe whenever we bring it to parties! Get ready to be everyone’s favorite party friends!
- Prep it ahead of time! Mix up your dip ingredients a few days before & keep it stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve! It’s the perfect easy appetizer recipe!
- Make it your way! Load it up with spice or leave it more mild! However you choose to make it is completely up to you!
More appetizer recipes you might like:
- Spinach Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Football Cheese Ball
- Cajun Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- ½ cup green enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. canned diced green chiles (hot or mild, depending on the spice level you want)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese (plus more for the top)
- Cheddar cheese, optional (for the top)
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, avocado, chopped green onion, black olives, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish or cast iron with cooking spray.
- Next mix all your ingredients (shredded chicken – pepper jack cheese) together in a large bowl and pour it into your prepared dish.
- Sprinkle extra pepper jack cheese (and/or cheddar cheese) on top and bake the dip for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot all the way through.
- Top with your granishes and serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips!