Creamy, cheesy, spicy and loaded with Mexican flavors! This easy dish is always a crowd pleaser and the perfect appertizer for game day!
Who doesn’t love a good dip when it comes to game day?! (Because ya know I do babes! Especially when it comes to the Super Bowl. 😉 ) And I’m a firm believer that every party has to have some sort of hot, cheesy, deliciously gooey appetizer. So this lightened up green chile chicken enchilada dip is right up my alley! It’s creamy, cheesy, a little on the spicy side, so easy to make and perfect for serving a crowd!
- Shredded chicken: Used as the base of your dip and makes it hearty and full of protein! (Can use store bought or homemade shredded chicken)
- Canned green chiles: Adds flavor and a little bit of heat. (I like using “hot” chiles for this recipe but you can also use “mild” if you prefer too!)
- Green enchilada sauce: Adds more flavor and richness. (Can use medium or mild sauce)
- Corn: Adds sweetness to balance out some of the heat. (Con be fresh or frozen)
- Cream cheese: Makes your dip super creamy and blends all of it’s flavors together!
- Greek yogurt: Adds even more creaminess along with some protein too!
- Pepper jack cheese: Gives your touch a touch more of spice and really ups it’s cheesiness!
- Seasonings- chili powder & salt: Adds even more flavor and ties all of your ingredients together!
What makes this dip healthier?
When it comes to Super bowl parties, there’s no question that everyone loves their dips. But most of them tend to be loaded with so much sodium and fat! Not this babes! By just making a few simple substitutions were’ able to to lighten this dish up without sacrificing any of it’s flavor! Here are some of the “healthier” ingredients I used for this dip:
- Reduced fat or whipped cream cheese: Contains less fat and sodium than regular cream cheese. (Plus if you use whipped cream cheese, it makes your dip light and airy too!)
- Plain Greek yogurt: Adds a little extra protein to your dish.
- Canned Green Enchilada Sauce (Low Sodium): Always make sure to check the sodium amount per serving on the label.
- Corn: Adds extra veggies and nutrients (along with some sweetness! 😉 )
- Shredded chicken: leaner than chicken thighs and adds protein too!
How do I make green chile chicken enchilada dip?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all of your dip ingredients in a large bowl and pour it into the prepared casserole dish or cast iron. Then sprinkle some extra pepper jack cheese on top.
- Bake the dip for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot all the way through.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and avocado and serve immediately.
Note: This dip can cool down pretty quickly so you might want to set it on a hot plate to keep it warm for your guests.
What do I serve with this dip?
I love serving this dip with tortilla chips but there are so many other options you can try instead too! Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Veggie chips
- Sliced zucchini (cut into thin “coins/chips”)
- Sliced bell pepper
- Flavored tortillas chips
What can I do with my leftover dip?
Another great thing about this dip is that it’s great for leftovers too! But you don’t just have to eat it with chips if you don’t want to. Some of my favorite ways to repurpose it are below.
- Make a quesadilla by sandwiching it between two tortillas and heating it on the stove until crispy.
- Wrap it up in a tortilla like a taco and top it with all of your favorite taco toppings
- Turn it into nachos by spooning it over some chips, sprinkling on some extra cheese and baking it
- Make it a salad by topping it over a bed of lettuce or spinach
- And if you’re really feeling ambitious, turn it into rolled taquitos! (Click here to see my easy rolled taquito recipe! Just swap out the chicken fajita filling for this dip!)
More recipes you might like:
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- Baked Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken (store-bought or homemade)
- 8 oz. light cream cheese (soften to room temperature)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)*
- ½ cup green enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. canned diced green chiles (can use hot or mild)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese (plus more for the top)
- Optional garinish: jalapenos, avocado, chopped green onion, cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish or oven safe pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all of your dip ingredients together in a large bowl and pour it into your prepared dish. Then sprinkle a little extra pepper jack cheese on top. Bake the dip for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot all the way through.
- Top with your favorite granishes and serve immediately with tortilla chips!