Loaded with shredded chicken, fresh corn, spicy green chiles & gooey Mexican cheese! This chicken enchilada dip is insanely delicious and always the first appetizer to go at parties! Best served with your favorite tortilla chips!
It just wouldn’t be game day without a hot, ooey gooey, cheesy chicken dip right?! My thoughts exactly!😉 And this green chile chicken enchilada dip has been stealing the show ever since I first posted it. It’s loaded with shredded chicken, sweet corn, spicy green chiles and let’s not forget the best part – so much cheese! It’s creamy, hearty & the absolute best when served with tortilla chips! Trust me loves, your guests will be saying this is the BEST CHICKEN DIP ever!
Perfect for Super Bowl parties, potlucks, tailgating – you name it!
Ingredients For Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Shredded chicken: Any cooked shredded chicken works for this recipe. (We’ll usually buy rotisserie shredded chicken to cut down on prep!)
- Canned diced green chiles: Use “hot”green chiles if you want a spicy dip and “mild” chiles for less heat.
- Green enchilada sauce: We’re only using a ½ cup of sauce in this recipe so a small can will work just fine!
- Corn: Can use fresh or frozen corn. (I personally love using fresh corn if I can find it. It adds a fun pop of sweetness & texture to your dip.) If using frozen corn, make sure to thaw it completely and drain as much excess liquid as possible before adding it to your dip. (Too much liquid will make your dip watery.)
- Cream cheese: Block cream cheese works the best for this recipe!
- Plain greek yogurt: We use 0% greek yogurt but feel free to use your favorite. (Just make sure it’s plain!)
- Cheese: A hefty handful of pepper jack cheese goes in your dip to add flavor and spice. (Pepper jack not your thing? Try using shredded cheddar cheese instead1)
- Seasonings: Chile powder and salt are all your need to spice up your chicken dip!
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip In The Oven
- Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and spray a cast iron or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare your ingredients. Drain & rinse your chiles, cut the kernels off your corn cobs (if using fresh) or thaw your corn (if using frozen), grate your cheese & let your cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Mix. Add all your dip ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Bake. Pour the dip into your prepared cast iron (or prepared dish) and sprinkle some extra pepper jack over the top. Bake your dip for 25-30 minutes or until it’s warm all the way through.
- Serve! Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion, avocado or black olives and serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips!
Want a spicer dip? Use hot green chiles & medium/hot enchilada sauce.
Want a more mild dip? Use mild chiles & mild enchilada sauce.
What do I serve with my chicken dip?
- Tortilla chips (my personal favorite😉)
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced zucchini (cut into thin “coins/chips”)
- Is green chile chicken enchilada dip spicy? It has a touch of heat but it’s not overpowering. Depending on the chiles and enchilada sauce you use, you can make it spicer or more mild according to your preference.
- How do I store my leftover chicken enchilada dip? Place your dip in an air tight container and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- How long will my chicken dip last in the fridge? It should stay good for 3-4 days is stored properly.
- I want it cheesier! How do I do it? Add another handful of pepper jack cheese to your mix and sprinkle a good helping of cheese over the top before baking.
Why you’ll love this hot chicken enchilada dip
- Make it ahead of time! Mix your dip ingredients together and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to bake! It’s a no fuss recipe!
- Easy to customize! Want it more mild? Use mild chiles. Need it cheesier? Add in another handful of cheese! It couldn’t be easier!
- Hearty & delicious! Loaded with shredded chicken, green chiles, corn & gooey cheese! This dip will keep your guests full all party long!
More appetizer recipes you might like:
- Spinach, Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Football Cheese Ball
- Cajun Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)*
- ½ cup green enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. canned diced green chiles (can use hot or mild)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese (plus more for the top)
- Optional garnish: chopped cilantro, avocado, chopped green onion or black olives
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish or cast iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next mix all your dip ingredients together in a large bowl and pour it into your prepared dish. Sprinkle some extra pepper jack cheese on top and bake the dip for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot all the way through.
- Top with your granishes and serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips!