Where are my fajita lovers at?? I’ll be honest, whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant the first thing I look for is fajitas! They’re just so good and spicy and I can’t seem to get enough of them. So of course I want to make them at home too! But like a lot of other store bought seasonings/spice blends, there’s usually A TON of “questionable ingredients” in them…and I’m just not about putting random chemicals in my body. So here’s my favorite homemade fajita seasoning that is 100% all natural, chemical free and can be used on just about everything!
My favorite ways to use this seasoning:
- Chicken- pretty self explanatory but oh so delicious!
- Ground turkey- this makes an awesome filling for tacos!
- Shrimp- great for tacos and also amazing by themselves
- Cauliflower- not feeling any meat in your tacos? Try fajita cauliflower instead
- Eggs- believe it or not, it’s a great way to add a little spice to your breakfast!
- Potatoes- also another great way to spice up your side dishes
- Peppers & Onions- these are great in tacos or on a salad
- Dressings- I’ve combined this with ranch or blue cheese to make a dressing for taco salad and it was delicious
Let me know if you have any other ideas too!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp onion granules (or powder)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Sprinkle over chicken, fish/shrimp or your favorite veggies.