This homemade fajita seasoning is made with a bold blend of Mexican herbs & spices! It’s zesty, incredibly flavorful & the perfect way to spice up all your favorite Mexican dishes!
Where are my fajita lovers at?? I’ll be honest, whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant the first thing I look for is fajitas! They’re just so good and spicy and I can’t seem to get enough of them. So of course I want to make them at home too! But like a lot of other store bought seasonings/spice blends, there’s usually A TON of “questionable ingredients” in them…and I’m just not about putting random chemicals in my body. So here’s my favorite homemade fajita seasoning that is 100% all natural, chemical free and can be used on just about everything!
- Chile powder: Adds a pop of color & slight hint of spice that are perfect for fajitas!
- Salt: Helps bring out the rest of your flavors!
- Black pepper: Subtle spice that deepns your falvors.
- Dried oregano: A zesty herb that adds texture to your homemade seasoning.
- Garlic powder: Garlic granules or garlic powder both work for this recipe.
- Onion powder: Onion granules or onion powder both work too!
- Cayenne: Brings the heat without overdoing it! (You can always half the amount of cayenne used if you don’t want your seasoning too spicy.)
How To Make Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Mix your spices together in a small bowl and use as needed.
Storing Your Fajita Spice Mix
Pour your seasoning in a glass jar or an air tight container and keep it store in a cool dry area. Your seasoning should stay good for up to 6 months if stored properly.
What Do I Use Fajita Seasoning On?
This fajita seasoning is so versatile and perfect for so many things! We’ll usually pair it with some chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime to elevate it even more.
- Proteins: Use it to season chicken, shrimp, steak or even ground turkey!
- Veggies: Potatoes are my absolute favorite with this seasoning! It turns them into a fun Mexican side dish or brekfast hash! Caulilfower, peppers and onions are great with this seasoning too!
Here are a few of my favorite dishes from the blog that use this seasoning:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Spicy Chicken Tostadas with Black Beans & Guacamole
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Baked Chicken Fajita Taquitos
Why you’ll love this fajita spice mix recipe!
- Bold in flavor! Chile, zesty oregano, garlic & onion! This fajita spice mix has everything needed to make a tasty Mexican inspired meal!
- Double or triple! This recipe can easily be doubled to save & use for later!
- Easy to customize the heat! Too spicy? Try using half the amount of cayenne instead!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Great news, it already is!
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want your seasoning)
- Mix your spices together in a glass jar and use as needed.