NO butter, NO oil, eggless, gluten free AND still tastes just like regular cookie dough!
When it’s 8pm and that cookie dough craving hits hard… Just me? Didn’t think so! Well guess what loves, now you can have your cookie dough without any of the guilt when you make my healthy edible chocolate chip cookie dough! It’s rich and decadent, made with minimal wholesome ingredients and is so addicting, you’ll keep coming back for more!
I’ll be honest, I’ve tried quite a few edible cookie dough recipes over the years and they’ve all left me wanting more… Some had too much butter, others had too much oil and some didn’t even remotelycome close to resembling real cookie dough at all. (That was one sad day my friends…) So that’s why when I tell you this easy edible cookie dough recipe is the best recipe you will ever make, I really mean it!
Ingredients for your healthy edible cookie dough
- Almond butter: The basis of your cookie dough! This makes your dough smooth and creamy and adds so much richness too! (I used creamy almond butter from Maranatha for mine.)
- Almond flour: Used to thicken your edible cookie dough! It also makes it gluten free too! (Make sure to use blanched almond flour and NOT almond meal. Almond flour is more fine than almond meal
- Maple syrup: Adds the right amount of sweetness! (Make sure to use real maple syrup for the best results!)
- Vanilla: Helps to mellow out the sweetness of your cookie dough and gives it such great flavor too!
- Salt: Helps to make your gluten free cookie dough taste like the real deal! (Trust me loves, a little salt goes a long way in this recipe.)
- Chocolate chips: You can’t have cookie dough without chocolate chips right?! Try using semi-sweet or dark chocolate cips to balance out the sweetness of your dough. (I also LOVE using a mixture of mini and regular sized chips.)
How to make chocolate chip edible cookie dough
- Mix your almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt together in a large bowl.
- Then stir in your almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Chill your dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Note: This dough is best served cold so I would definitely recommend chilling it before eating. Chilling also helps your dough to thicken making it more like the consistency of real cookie dough!
Ideas for serving your edible cookie dough
- Roll it into balls & keep them in the fridge for an easy snack!
- Sandwich your cookie dough between 2 pretzels for a sweet & salty bite! (Or even better, dip one side of your cookie dough pretzel sandwich into some chocolate!)
- Add it to your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt!
- Eat it by the spoonful! (My persoanl favorite! 😉 )
Why you’ll love this edible cookie dough recipe
- Made with better for you ingredients! This cookie dough recipe is eggless, gluten free and made with no butter and no oil – only wholesome ingredients!
- Easily customizable! Don’t like almond butter? No problem! Just replace it with your favorite type of nut butter! (Cashew and peanut butter are some of my other favorites. 🙂 ) You can also use dark chocolate chips (like in the first photo) or semi-sweet chocolate too!
- Easy to prep! This cookie dough literally takes just 10 minutes to throw together, so it’s perfect if you want a sweet treat fast! (I would suggest chilling it before eating though. It tastes much better cold and has the consistency of real cookie dough.)
- No chickpeas! A lot of “healthier cookie doughs” you’ll find on the internet are made with chickpeas, making them more like a sweet hummus. So this recipe is perfect for the non-chickpea lover!
More recipes you might like:
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies & Cream Oreo Blondies (GF)
Healthy Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chip (semi-sweet or dark)*
- Mix your almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Then stir in your almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Place your cookie dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. (This dough is best served cold and will thicken slightly as it chills.)