A summery spin on the classic caprese salad! It’s loaded with fresh seasonal peaches and tossed in a creamy homemade balsamic vinaigrette!
Fresh peaches always remind me of summer. AND one of my absolute favorite summer salads is caprese! Sooo…allow me to introduce the best fusion between the two – Fresh peach, mozzarella and crispy prosciutto salad! It’s sweet and creamy, slightly salty, loaded with lots of crispy prosciutto bits and is now to make me soo hungry just thinking about it! All I have to say is if you’re a fan of caprese salad in any way, then you need to try this “peachy” caprese salad ASAP!
- Baby spinach or mixed greens: These are both mild in flavor and sturdy enough to hold up to the rest of your ingredients. (I personally love using spinach for this!)
- Peaches: Look for peaches that give in slightly when you give them a gentle squeeze. (This means they’re ripe!)
- Mozzarella pearls: Adds a smooth creaminess to your salad that pairs so well with your sweet peaches! (You could also use burrata in place of the mozzarella too!)
- Fresh basil: Adds a pop of freshness and really gives this summer dish that caprese salad feel when paired with your mozzarella!
- Prosciutto: A slightly salty Italian cured meat that’s usually eaten raw or wrapped around melons. For this recipe though, we’re baking it in the oven to get it nice and crispy which also brings out it’s flavor even more!
- Creamy balsamic vinaigrette: Ties all your summer salad ingredients together!
How to make a peach, mozzarella and prosciutto salad
- Prepare the dressing: Whisk your dressing ingredients together in a bowl until it’s completely smooth. Keep it chilled in the fridge while you prepare the rest of your salad.
- Crisp up your prosciutto: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay your prosciutto pieces on the pan in an even layer. (Make sure none are overlapping!) Next, bake the prosciutto for 10-12 minutes. Transfer them to plate lined with a paper towel and let them cool completely.
- Prep your other ingredients: Chop your peaches (or leave them in large slices) and season your mozzarella balls with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your salad: Add your spinach/mixed greens, chopped peaches, mozzarella and sliced fresh basil to a large bowl and drizzle your desired amount of dressing over the top. Toss the salad until everything is fully coated and crumble your prosciutto pieces over the top. Serve immediately!
The best creamy balsamic vinaigrette recipe!
I love love love this vinaigrette recipe so much! It’s rich and creamy with a little bit of sweetness and oh yeah…did I mention that it’s only 4 ingredients too?!😮 All you need is light olive oil, balsamic vinegar, plain greek yogurt and maple syrup!
(I personally hate it when salad dressings are way too oily so this recipe cuts down on the oil by a lot – BUT it’s still super flavorful! I also love using extra light tasting olive oil too because it’s not too heavy and won’t muddle your flavors.!
Why you’ll love this fresh summer salad
- All the flavors & textures! Sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy – you name it and this peach salad has it!
- Made with better for you ingredients! Most “peach caprese salads” are made with dressings using a ton of sugar and mayo to get that creaminess factor. But not this one! We’ve replaced them with healthier swaps like natural maple syrup and protein packed greek yogurt. Plus the prosciutto is baked instead of fried too!
- A great side dish for just about everything! Chicken, steak, shrimp, salmon – this peach and mozzarella salad can go with it all! It’s also a great option to serve for a brunch or potluck party too! (Just add the prosciutto pieces at the last minute or serve them on the side so they won’t get soggy.)
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Replace the mozzarella pearls with cubed dairy free or lactose free mozzarella and sub in dairy free yogurt for the greek yogurt in the dressing!
More fruity summer salad recipes you might like:
- Summer Peach & Blueberry Kale Salad
- Mixed Berry Kale Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Summer Peach, Corn & Halloumi Salad
- Watermelon, Blueberry & Feta Salad
- Grape & Feta Kale Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Fresh Peach, Mozzarella & Crispy Prosciutto Salad
For the salad:
- Baby spinach or mixed greens
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced or diced
- 4 oz. mozzarella pearls
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the creamy balsamic vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (I like using extra light tasting olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk your ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Keep it chilled in the fridge while you prepare the rest of your salad.
To make the salad:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay your prosciutto pieces on the pan in an even layer. (Make sure the pieces aren't touching.) Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer your prosciutto to a plate lined with a paper towel and let them cool completely.
- Next, season your mozzarella balls with salt and pepper to taste. Then add your spinach/mixed greens, peaches, mozzarella and fresh basil to a large bowl and pour your desired amount of dressing over the top. Toss the salad until everything is coated.
- Top the salad with your crispy prosciutto and serve immediately.