Sweet, refreshing & so versatile! This fresh fruit salad with honey lime poppy seed dressing is made with fresh seasonal fruit & so easy! It’s the perfect side dish for Spring & Summer!
I feel like fruit salads are so underrated. But when done right, they can be delicious! This fresh fruit salad with honey lime poppy seed dressing has to be one of the BEST fruit salads I’ve made in a while! Sweet strawberries and blueberries, pineapple, kiwi, lots of citrus and a simple 3 ingredient dressing that ties it all together!
This is the best spring fruit salad and it’s so light and refreshing! It’d be perfect for Easter brunch, Mother’s Day brunch or any time your craving lots of fresh fruit! Plus it’s healthy and incredibly easy too!
Ingredients For Your Fresh Fruit Salad
- Strawberries: Look for strawberries that have a deep red color, no bad spots and fresh green tops. (It’s kind of a no brainer really!😉)
- Pineapple: Use precut fresh pineapple chunks to cut down on prep! (You can usually find them in the produce section at most groccery stores.)
- Mandarin oranges: Fresh mandarin oranges have the best flavor! (They just require a little more prep work.) You’ll need to peel and segement them before adding them to your salad.
- Kiwi: Look for kiwis that are mostly firm but give in slightly when you give them a gentle squeeze. (They should have the texture of a ripe peach.)
- Blueberries: You’ll need around 1-1½ cups of blueberries for this recipe! (I usually add the blueberries last and eyeball the amount.)
- Limes: You’ll need 3 limes for your dressing!
- Honey: Used to sweeten your dressing!
- Poppy seeds: A small amount of poppy seeds goes a long way! (I only use a ½ teaspoon in the dressing.) Feel free to add more if you prefer!
How To Make Fresh Fruit Salad
1. Prep your fruit. Cut your strawberries, pineapple and kiwi then peel and break apart your mandarin oranges into segments. Add your prepared fruit to a large bowl along with your blueberries.
2. Make your dressing. Whisk your lime juice, honey and poppy seeds together in a small bowl.
3. Toss & serve! If serving immediately: Pour your desired amount of dressing over your fruit and toss until it’s fully coated. If waiting to serve: Cover the bowl and let your fruit chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. When your ready to serve, toss the fruit in your dressing and serve immediately.
This fruit salad is best served cold! I would suggest chilling your fruit beforehand or letting the entire salad chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Tips For The Best Fruit Salad
- Always use ripe fruit! They have the best flavor and perfect texture for your fruit salad. (Overripe fruit tends to become mushy.)
- Wait to add your dressing until right before serving! Your fruit can become a little soggy if it sits for too long in the dressing.
- Feel like there’s too much dressing? The ratio I use to make more or less dressing is: 1 lime + 1 teaspoon of honey + ⅛ teaspoon of poppy seeds
Why you’ll love this fruit salad recipe!
- So versatile! This fruit salad is perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch or even as a refreshing side dish for your summer potlucks and bbq’s!
- A fruit salad without cream or pudding! Most tradtional fruit salad dressings are made with whipped topping or heavy creams – not this one! We’ve replaced it with a light & simple honey lime dressing that’s much better for you!
- Perfect for hosting! Everyone loves fruit & it’s so easy to make a little or a lot!
More fruit recipes you might like:
- Watermelon Summer Berry Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- Summer Chicken Fruit Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments – I love seeing what you create!]
Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
For the fruit salad:
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced or diced
- 1 lb. fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled, segmented & cut in half
- 4 kiwis, peeled & diced
- 1-1½ cups blueberries (about 12 ounces)
For the honey-lime poppy seed dressing:
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 tsp honey
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
To make the dressing:
- Whisk your lime juice, honey and poppy seeds together in a small bowl then set it aside.
To make the fruit salad:
- Next add your chopped strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, kiwi and blueberries to a large bowl.
- If serving immediately: Pour your desired amount of dressing over the top and toss until the salad is fully coated.If waiting to serve: Cover the bowl and let your fruit chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. When you're ready to serve, toss the salad in your dressing and serve immediately.