Soft buttery blueberry pancakes with just a hint of cinnamon! This is one breakfast you can’t wait to wake up to!
Can we all just admit there’s something so nostalgic about sitting down to a huge stack of pancakes in the morning?! (Especially if it’s the weekend right?! 😉 ) I have no idea why but weekends and pancakes just seem to go together in my book. And these fluffy blueberry vanilla pancakes are some of the thickest, most delicious pancakes I have ever made!
Simpler is always better in my opinion, especially when it comes to ingredients. And these ingredients are as basic as you can get! Here’s what I used below:
- Gluten free flour mix: I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Can be replaced with your favorite sweetener. (Examples: granulated sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, agave, etc.)
- Unsweetened almond milk: I used original almond milk for these pancakes but you can also use vanilla almond milk too.
- Baking powder: Do no use baking soda for this recipe!
- Blueberries: You can also replace these with your favorite berries too!
What makes these pancakes so fluffy?
It’s all about the baking powder loves! Most pancake recipes only call for 1 teaspoon of baking powder but mine has us using a whopping 4! If you don’t have baking powder then you can always substitute it with 1+1/4 teaspoons of baking soda instead. (Baking soda is a much stronger leavening agent than baking powder so you don’t need quite as much.)
How do I know when to flip my pancakes?
After pouring your batter into the pan, wait until you see little bubbles appear on the top and sides of your pancakes. This is the signal that they’re ready to flip! After flipping, cook the pancakes on the other side for about 3-4 more minutes.
Do I have to use gluten free flour?
Not at all! If you don’t need this recipe to be gluten free, then simply replace the full amount of gluten free flour with regular all purpose flour. It’s that easy!
All I can say is if soft melt-in-your-mouth pancakes are your thing, you’re definitely going to want to make these fluffy blueberry vanilla pancakes ASAP!
Hope you all are having a fantastic day! 🙂
More recipes like this:
- Parmesan Egg Clouds (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Banana Pancake Donuts with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Stuffed Bagel Bites
- Banana Bread French Toast
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Fluffy Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 baking flour)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla together. Add the flour mixture and whisk again. Stir in your blueberries.
- Heat a large pan or giddle over medium heat and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour some of your batter onto the pan and cook on one side for 5 minutes. (Once you start seeing little bubbles appear at the top of your batter then it's ready to flip.) Flip your pancakes and cook on the other side for 3-4 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!