Everything you love about everything bagels but in pasta form! It’s rich, creamy and takes just minutes to make!
There are few things I consider myself addicted to in this life but one of them is most definitely EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL SEASONING! Eggs, avocado, toast, chicken…you name it and I’ve probably sprinkled that glorious seasoning all over it. So when I first heard about everything but the bagel pasta, I just knew I had to try it! And holy cow, my mind was blown loves! This easy version is only 5 ingredients, is so simple to make and tastes exactly like you’re eating an everything bagel that’s loaded with cream cheese!
- Penne pasta: Feel free to use your favorite type of pasta instead (Rotini, rigatoni, bowtie and shells are all great options too!)
- Cream cheese: Adds creaminess to the dish and really gives it that “bagel & cream cheese” feeling (Use dairy free cream cheese if needed)
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning: Adds soooo much flavor! (A little goes a long way!)
- Almond milk: Thins out the sauce while also adding to it’s creaminess
- Lemon juice: Helps to elevate the EBTB seasoning flavor
What is everything but the bagel seasoning?
This seasoning has become all the rage over the last few years and honestly I’m so happy about it! So what exactly is this everything but the bagel seasoning?? Basically it’s just the seasoning that goes on an everything bagel. Different brands play around with the amounts but the ingredients are usually all the same. It’s a mixture of black and white sesame seeds, dried minced garlic and onion, sea salt and poppy seeds. If you’ve never tried it before, trust me it’s life changing!
Where do I find everything but the bagel seasoning?
At first I was only able to find it at Trader Joe’s since they were the first store to really revolutionize this product. But lately I’ve started to see it at other grocery stores too. If your local store does have it, it will be in the spice aisle with the rest of their spice blends and mixes.
How to make everything but the bagel pasta
I love making this dish because it’s so simple and such a great option for an easy weeknight meal!
- Boil your pasta according to the packages directions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and place it in a large bowl.
- Heat the cream cheese, almond milk and lemon juice together in a pot on the stove over medium high heat. (Whisk these ingredients together until the cream cheese has fully melted.) Once the sauce starts to bubble, take it off the stove and stir in the EBTB seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over your pasta and toss it until the pasta is fully coated.
- Serve immediately with sliced green onion and extra EBTB seasoning.
Optional Add-in and Topping Ideas
This pasta dish is absolutely fantastic on it’s own but sometimes I like to add in a few other ingredients too! Here are a few of my favorites.
- Green onion
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Extra EBTB seasoning
- Grilled chicken, chopped
- Fresh tomatoes, sliced or diced
- Steamed broccoli
- Gluten free: Use gluten free pasta
- Dairy free: Use dairy free cream cheese instead (My faovrite brand is Kite Hill)
If you love everything bagels then I just know you’re going to love this everything but the bagel pasta too! I hope you’re all having the best days loves!
More recipes like this:
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Everything But The Bagel Pasta
- 8 oz penne pasta (half of a box)*
- ½ cup plain cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning (EBTB)
- Optional toppings: green onion, freshly diced tomatoes, extra EBTB seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions. Once it's cooked, drain it and pour the pasta into a large bowl.
- Heat the cream cheese, almond milk and lemon juice in a pot over medium high heat. Stir the sauce together until the cream cheese has completely melted. Take the sauce off the stove and stir in your everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over your pasta and toss them together. Serve immediately with green onion and any additional toppings.