Sticky sweet, a bit of heat and loaded with all the veggies! These easy meatballs are the perfect way to satisfy all your egg roll cravings!
Meatballs, meatballs and more meatballs… I swear after this quarantine is over I’m going to be meatball-d out! (Or maybe not…we’ll see! 😉 ) But there’s just so many things you can do with them and they’re so easy to make! Just like these egg roll meatballs I just recently made that have all the delicious flavors of an egg roll but with a healthier and low carb twist!
One of the reasons I absolutely love this recipe is because it’s chock full of veggies! But when everything’s cooked you can hardly taste them all. (This is such a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into your diet without anyone ever knowing!)
- Ground turkey: provides lean protein that makes these meatballs slightly healthier
- Green & white onion
- Egg: used to bind the meatballs together
- Panko breadcrumbs: gives the meatballs their light and melt-in-your-mouth texture
- Soy sauce (reduced sodium): for a little Asian flair (and it also adds some salt too!)
- Water: helps to keep the meatballs moist
How do I make these meatballs gluten free?
So easy! Use gluten free panko instead or simply remove the breadcrumbs altogether. Keep in mind though that if you do remove the breadcrumbs, your meatballs may be more dense than normal. (Breadcrumbs help to keep your meatballs juicy and tender!)
Do I have to you Panko breadcrumbs?
No you don’t have to. I personally prefer using panko breadcrumbs in all of my meatball recipes because I think they provide a better texture. Most regular breadcrumbs are gritty and can make your meatballs dense while panko is much more light and airy which makes your meatballs light and airy too!
How to make Honey Sriracha Sauce
With any good meatball recipe, there HAS to be a good sauce recipe too! And this honey sriracha sauce is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s rich and sweet and you can make it just about as spicy as you want! See my directions for it below:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1-3 tsp sriracha (I used 1 tsp for mine, but feel free to add more if you like a spicer sauce)
Simply whisk these ingredients together and pour them over your meatballs! Or serve your meatballs plain with this as a dipping sauce on the side.
What do I serve with egg roll meatballs?
I love serving these meatballs as a meal because there’s so many things they go well with! I’ve listed a few of my favorite options for you below:
- Steam/fried rice
- Riced cauliflower
- Roasted broccoli
- Veggie stir fry
- Roasted sweet potatoes (Sounds weird but trust me, it’s delicious)
- Grilled pineapple
- Topped over an Asian salad
And since these meatballs stay good for days, you can pair them with a few ingredients listed above for a super easy meal prep!
I hope you all are having a fantastic day and I can’t wait to hear what you think about these meatballs! STAY SAFE FRIENDS! 🙂
More recipes like this:
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs
- Pineapple Stuffed Teriyaki Chicken
- Green Chile Turkey Burgers (One of my most popular recipes)
- Baked Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Egg Roll Meatballs with Honey Sriracha Sauce
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup green cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs (use gluten free panko if gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pepper, to taste
For the honey sriracha sauce:
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-3 tsp sriracha (depending on how spicy you like your sauce)
To make the honey sriracha sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together and set aside until ready to use. (Note: The more sriracha you add, the spicier it will be!)
To make the meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. (Or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.)
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in a bowl and mix them until fully incorporated. Roll the mixture in to 1 inch balls and place them on your broiler pan/baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once done, toss the meatballs in your honey sriracha sauce and serve or serve them with the sauce on the side.
Long time supporter, and thought I’d drop a comment.
Your wordpress site is very sleek – hope you don’t mind
me asking what theme you’re using? (and don’t mind if I steal it?
I just launched my site –also built in wordpress like yours– but the theme slows (!) the site down quite a bit.
In case you have a minute, you can find it by searching for “royal cbd” on Google
(would appreciate any feedback) – it’s still in the works.
Keep up the good work– and hope you all take care of yourself during the coronavirus scare!
Hi Justin, thank you so much for your sweet words! I use Foodie Pro (the free version) and just tweaked it to fit what I needed.
I also just checked out your website too and loved it! You’re already doing such a great job!
Hope you’re staying safe too! 🙂
Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that
would be okay. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
Hi there! Unfortunately I’m not on Twitter but I am on Instagram. You can find me at @kalefornia_kravings. 🙂
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had
spent for this information! Thanks!
Aww thank you so much! You really have no idea how much that means to me! 🙂
Delicious! I doubled the recipe and used 1/4 cup almond flour top instead of breadcrumbs to make to free. Your honey sriracha sauce is what really caught my eye. I enjoyed it and have leftovers!
Hi Sarah! I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe and smart thinking on the almond flour! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂