This warm & cheesy spinach artichoke dip a fun spin on a classic! It’s a blend of cooked spinach, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 types of cheeses and seasonings all baked together to cheesy perfection! An easy make-ahead appetizer that everyone will love!
When it comes to parties, I’m a huge lover of dips! I mean think about it, what could be a better appetizer?! You can make it ahead time, scoop it in a bowl, serve it with chips and you’re done! Easy-peasy, right?! And whenever I think about a party dip my mind automatically thinks “spinach artichoke!” Warm, gooey cheese, fresh from the oven served with crispy salty chips….umm yummmm! But you know what would make it even better?? Adding sun-dried tomatoes! Yep this spinach artichoke & sun-dried tomato dip is a new favorite in our family and such a fun spin on a classic! Plus it takes no time at all to make and is perfect for any type of party!
- Cream cheese: Use block cream cheese for the best results. (Reduced fat or original both work for this recipe.)
- Greek yogurt: Always use plain greek yogurt! (I prefer using 0% yogurt but any type of plain greek yogurt will work.)
- Sour cream: Adds extra creaminess!
- Mozzarella & Parmesan: Try to use block cheese that you can grate yourself. (They tend to have more flavor and melt much better than pre-shredded cheese.)
- Fresh spinach: One 8oz bag of fresh spinach is all you need!
- Canned artichokes: Look for artichokes in brine and not marinated. (Marinated artichokes will be too oily for this recipe.) I usually use artichoke quarters if I can find them.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Use sun-dried tomatoes in oil and not the ones dried in a bag. The tomatoes from a jar have much more flavor and won’t be as chewy as the ones from the bag.
- Garlic: Every good recipe needs a little garlic!😉
- Seasonings: Salt & red pepper flakes are all you need for this dip recipe!
How To Make Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prepare the spinach. Add your spinach to a pan and sauté it over medium high heat until it’s bright green and wilted. (About 2-3 minutes.) Then transfer it to a bowl to cool. Once it’s cool enough to handle, wrap your spinach in a paper towel and wring out as much liquid as possible. Then chop it up and set it aside.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients. Shred your cheeses, drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes and mince your garlic.
- Mix your ingredients together. Add all your ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Bake. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Then pour your dip mixture into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dip is bubbling.
- Serve! Serve immediately with your favorite crackers
What To Serve With Your Spinach Dip
If you’re anything like me, you could easily eat this dip by the spoonful. But it’s also called a “dip” for a reason so here are a few of our favorite crackers and condiments to serve with it.
- Milton’s Gluten Free Crackers (Best crackers ever!)
- Crostini (Homemade or store bought)
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced veggies (For the more health conscious)
*This dip is pretty thick so make sure whichever cracker you use is sturdy enough to stand up to it.
- Why is my spinach dip watery? You might not have drained enough liquid off your cooked spinach. If this happens, you can add a little more sour cream or other solid ingredients. Adding more parmesan and mozzarella will work too.
- Can I eat this spinach dip cold? Yes, but heating it up helps to bring out your flavors.
- How do I store my spinach artichoke dip? Pour it into an air tight container and store it in the fridge. It should stay good for up to 1 week.
- Can you reheat spinach artichoke dip? Yes! You can either heat it in a casserole dish in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or reheat it in the microwave.
Why you’ll love this spinach dip recipe
- Super tasty! Salty artichokes, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, ooey gooey cheese – it all works so well together!
- Perfect for an appetizer party! This dip is pretty hearty so it’s a great option to serve if you’re only providing appetizers for your guests.
- Easy to make ahead! Mix your ingredients 1-2 days in advance then pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Simply swap out the yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese & other cheeses with your favorite dairy free replacements! (Note: If you’re making this dip dairy-free, replace the greek yogurt with another 1/2 cup of sour cream.)
Our Favorite Dairy Free Alternatives:
- Cream Cheese: Green Valley Creamery or Kite Hill
- Sour cream: Green Valley Creamery
- Mozzarella: Trader Joe’s Dairy-Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
- Parmesan: Trader Joe’s Parmesan Cheese Alternative
More appetizer recipes you might like:
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Green Chile Chicken Dip
- Pomegranate & White Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
- Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 8 oz. bag fresh spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 8.5oz can artichokes in brine, drained & chopped
- 1 8oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained & chopped
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes*
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, saute your spinach over medium high heat until it turns bright green and is slightly wilted. (About 2-3 minutes.) Then transfer it to a bowl to cool. Once it's cool enough to handle, wrap your spinach in a paper towel and wring out as much liquid as possible. Then chop it up and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl and stir until fully combined. Pour your dip mixture into your prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with your favorite crackers.
OMG, yet another awesome recipe!!! I took this to a Christmas party and everyone LOVED it!!!!! Thank you for creating another easy and delicious appetizer!!!
Aww yay, I’m so glad they loved it! My mother-in-law even requested it for Christmas Eve too!😉 We love this dip!