Crispy air fried brussel sprouts & salty bacon bits all tossed in warm maple syrup! These maple bacon brussel sprouts are so easy & are our favorite Fall side dish!
Holiday season is right around the corner and I’m already thinking about ALL the holiday parties! And what does everyone need when it comes to holiday parties…side dishes! These maple bacon brussels sprouts have become a staple at our house and they’re the EASIEST side dish to make! Just cook up your bacon, air fry the brussels, toss it all in some maple syrup and you’re done! So easy!
They’re crispy, salty, slightly sweet and pair well with everything! Your guests are going to LOVE them!
Ingredients For Your Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel sprouts: Try to find sprouts that are similar in size so they cook evenly. (We’ll usually look for smaller brussel sprouts. The smaller the sprout – the less time it takes to cook!)
- Bacon: Use real bacon for the best results! You’ll need 5-6 slices for this recipe. (Or more if you’re a bacon lover!😉)
- Maple syrup: Adds a hint of sweetness without overdoing it!
- Avocado oil: We prefer using avocado oil because it has a higher smoking point (meaning it can crisp up your food at higher temperatures without burning it). Since the leaves on brussel sprouts burn so easily, I would highly recommend using avocado oil if possible. (Olive oil can be used instead though!)
- Spices: Salt & black pepper are all you need!
How To Make Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts In The Air Fryer
1. Cook your bacon. Cook the bacon using your favorite method then set it aside to cool and crisp up. (If you cooked the bacon in whole slices, you’ll need to chop or crumble it once they’re crisp.)
2. Preheat the air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 390 degrees.
3. Prep the brussel sprouts. Cut the bottoms off your brussel sprouts and discard any loose leaves. Then slice each sprout in half length-wise and place them in a bowl. Add your avocado oil (or olive oil if using), salt and pepper and toss until the sprouts are fully coated.
4. Air fry! Add your brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping them half way through. (I flipped mine around the 6-7 minute mark.) Every air fryer is different so your cooking time may vary depending on the type of air fryer you have and the size of your brussel sprouts. I’d suggest checking them every few minutes to make sure they’re not burning too much.
5. Heat your maple syrup. When the brussel sprouts are almost done, heat your maple syrup in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Toss & serve! Transfer your brussel sprouts to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle your bacon bits over the top. Toss the sprouts and bacon in your maple syrup until fully coated and serve immediately!
Roast Your Brussel Sprouts Instead!
Turn this brussel sprout side dish into roasted brussel sprouts! They still get just as crispy and taste just as good!
- Toss your sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread them out cut side down on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Transfer them to a bowl or platter and sprinkled your chopped bacon and warmed maple syrup over the top.
Storage Tips & Reheating
To Store: Place your brussel sprouts in an airtight container and keep them stored in the refrigerator. They should stay good for up to 4 days if stored properly.
To Reheat: Place your leftover brussel sprouts on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place them in the oven at 350 degrees until they reach your desired temperature. (Mine usually take 5-10 minutes)
Can I freeze my brussel sprouts? I personally wouldn’t suggest it. The brussel sprouts can become soggy after they thaw and their texture isn’t quite the same.
Why you’ll love this brussel sprout recipe!
- So easy! Just cook, toss & serve! We’re using simple ingredients most of us already have at home!
- Everyone loves bacon! Even brussel sprout haters will have a hard time saying no to this dish!
- A festive holiday side dish! Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! These brussel sprouts look so appetizing once all tossed together!
More side dish recipes you might like:
- Brown Butter Maple Glazed Carrots
- Hasselback Honeynut Squash with Cinnamon Maple Pecan Sauce
- Crispy Chili Smashed Potatoes with Avocado Chimichurri
[Made one of my recipes? Tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments – I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 5-6 slices of bacon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook the bacon using your favorite method then set it aside to cool and crisp up. (Chop it or crumble the bacon if you cooked it in whole slices.)
- Next preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Then cut the bottoms off your brussel sprouts and discard any loose leaves. Slice each sprout in half length-wise and place them in a bowl. Then add your oil, salt and pepper and toss until the sprouts are fully coated.
- Next add your brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through. (Every air fryer is different so your cooking time may vary depending on the type of air fryer you have and size of your brussel sprouts. I'd suggest checking them every few minutes to make sure they're not burning too much.)
- When the brussel sprouts are almost done, heat your maple syrup in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Then transfer the cooked brussel sprouts to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle your bacon over the top. Toss the sprouts and bacon in your warmed maple syrup until fully coated and serve immediately.