Calling all chicken wing lovers – you need to make these zesty wings ASAP! They’re crispy, baked, so easy to make & bursting with fresh lime flavor!
Looking for a fun chicken wing recipe that gives you all the summer feels?! Then I’ve got you covered loves! These easy cilantro lime chicken wings are probably my most favorite wing recipe right now and for so many reasons too! They’re super crispy on the outside while still moist and tender in the middle and they explode with flavor after just one bite! Plus they only take 30 minutes to cook and clean up is a breeze!
Trust me babe, these will be a crowd favorite in no time! 😉
When it comes to wings, I’m a huge believer that having the right seasoning/marinade can really make or break the dish. That’s why I LOVE this recipe because not only is the marinade spot on and loaded with flavor but it’s made with super simple ingredients too! Here’s everything you’ll need to make these tasty wings.
- Chicken wings
- Cilantro: Helps to give the wings their bright and vibrant flavor!
- Fresh lime juice: Adds a little pizzazz and brings out all the flavor from the cilantro.
- Avocado oil: I used avocado oil because it has a higher smoking temp which allows the wings to crisp up more. You can also use extra virgin olive oil instead too.
- Garlic: Because who doesn’t love fresh garlic?!
- Chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Cayenne: This is completely optional! But if you like a little spice in your life, I definitely suggestion adding it in! (If you don’t want your wings spicy – don’t worry, just omit the cayenne. They taste just as good without it too!)
What makes these wings healthier?
Well for starters, these wings are baked instead of fried so there’s no oily/greasy residue. There’s also no butter, no flour and no breading whatsoever in these babies too! That’s because we’re marinating the chicken wings first to really cement that flavor in and lock in all the juices. Then by baking them in the oven we still get a nice crispy outside with tender juicy meat in the middle.
How do I cook chicken wings in the oven?
This is by far my favorite way to make chicken wings! I’ve tried frying them, air frying them, even grilling them and every time they’ve come out pretty dry and flavorless. But not in the oven loves! I’ve finally perfected how to get these babies perfectly crisp on the outside while still staying tender and moist in the center.
- First pat your chicken wings dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Then place your wings in a large plastic bag and pour in your marinade. Let the wings marinate for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a large rimmed baking sheet, line with with parchment paper and place a wired rack on top of it. (VERY IMPORTANT: We’ll be placing the wings on this rack to cook so the excess oil will drip off the wings and onto the baking sheet below. This helps to keep the wings nice and crispy on the outside.)
- Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray then arrange your marinated wings on the rack so that none of them are touching each other. Bake them for 30-35 minutes. (DO NOT FLIP THE WINGS HALF WAY THROUGH!)
- Once the wings are done, brush them with with some extra sauce and serve immediately!
How to make an easy cilantro lime marinade
This marinade isn’t just for chicken wings! It’s also great on shrimp, chicken thighs and even steak too!
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (omit if you don’t want your wings spicy)
Blend all of these ingredients together in a food processor and pour over your protein of choice!
I hope you all enjoy these easy cilantro lime chicken wings!
More recipes you might like:
- Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- Lightened up Green Chile Chicken Dip
- Spicy Shrimp, Mango & Avocado Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drums and wingettes)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (leaves & steams are ok)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (can be replaced with extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place a large wired rack on the sheet.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, avocado oil, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using) to a food processor and blend. (Marinade will still look a little chunky.) Portion out 1/4 cup of your marinade to spread on the wings after they're done cooking.
- Take your wings and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the wings in a plastic bag and pour in the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and shake it until the wings are fully coated.
- Spray the wired rack with non-stick cooking spray and place your wings on the rack. (Make sure the wings aren't touching each other!) Bake them for 30-35 minutes. (DO NOT FLIP THEM HALF WAY THROUGH!)
- Once the wings are done, brush them with your extra sauce and serve them immediately!