Flakey puff pastry is stuffed with creamy brie & cranberry sauce then baked until golden & gooey! These cranberry brie bites are so easy & the best holiday appetizer!
Baked brie is one of my favorite holiday appetizers! (Especially around Thanksgiving!) But sometimes I don’t want to bake an entire wheel of cheese because – 1) It can be messy. 2) I’m usually stuck with a ton leftovers I have no idea what to do with. 3) If you’re baking it in pie crust…it takes sooo long (like ridiculously long) to bake… (Maybe that’s just me because I’m impatient, but still.😉) I’d much rather have an easy 1-2 bite that’s hassle-free so I can enjoy the rest of the party.
That’s why these easy baked cranberry brie bites are always a hit at our holiday dinner parties! They’re warm and flakey, filled with gooey brie cheese and have just the right amount of sweetness from your cranberry sauce!
Ingredients for Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
Essentially these bites are only 3 ingredients, but I love adding chopped candied pecans or fresh rosemary to really put them over the top!
Cranberry sauce: Store bought or homemade sauce both work for this recipe. I’d suggest using whole cranberry sauce if using store bought. (It adds more texture to your bites.😉)
Brie cheese: Use your favorite type of brie. (I personally love triple cream brie!)
Puff pastry: Most puff pastries can be found in the frozen section at your grocery store.
Candied pecans: Optional but I love the extra crunch and decadence they add to these bites! (Store bought or homemade candied nuts both work!)
Fresh rosemary sprigs: Also optional – Just sprinkle a few leaves over the top for some added freshness!
How to Make Mini Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
1. Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 375 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Prepare the pastry cups. Unroll one sheet of puff pastry and cut the sheet into 16 squares. (I did 4 rows by 4 rows.) Then place each square in your prepared muffin tin.
3. Fill your cups. Next cut your brie into cubes and place one cube in the center of each muffin tin. Then spoon a small amount of cranberry sauce over the brie. (Be careful not to add too much sauce. These bites puff up a lot and they’ll spew out everywhere if they’re overfilled.)
4. Bake. Place your pan in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. (Every oven is different so I’d suggest checking them around the 10 minute mark to determine how much longer they need to bake.)
5. Garnish & serve! Once done, take the pan out of the oven and let the bites cool for a few minutes. Then run a sharp knife around the edge of each cup and pop them out of the tin. Garnish with chopped candied pecans & fresh rosemary if desired. Serve immediately!
Want to know a trick to easily slice your brie? Place the wheel of brie in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help it firm up a bit then slice away!
- Replace the cranberry sauce with your favorite jam! A few of our favorites are raspberry, blackberry, apricot and fig jam.
- Add chopped nuts! Not a fan of candied nuts? Try using toasted or roasted & salted nuts instead! Our favorites are pecans, almonds and pistachios.
- Use a savory spread! Try using different types of pesto, marinara or even chopped sun dried tomatoes! (You can usually find all types of savory spreads in the cheese/deli aisle at most grocery stores.)
- Do I need to thaw my puff pastry before using? Yes. I would suggest thawing it overnight in the refrigerator for the best results.
- Do I cut the rind off my brie cheese? Nope! The rind on brie is 100% edible!
- Can I make these brie bites ahead of time? I personally wouldn’t suggest it. These bites are best served fresh from the oven. You can have them ready to go in your muffin tin though and pop them in the oven as soon as your guests arrive!
Why you’ll love this mini baked brie recipe!
- So easy! Only 3 main ingredients & 15 minutes in oven! They’re a hassle free appetizer that everyone will love!
- Fun to mix & match! Sweet jams, savory spreads, with or without nuts – the possibilities here are endless!
- Double it! This recipe is pretty straight forward making it easy to double or triple for a large crowd!
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 oz. brie cheese (I use a small cheese wheel)
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Candied pecans (optional)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. (Place your wheel of brie in the freezer for 10-15 minutes for easy cutting.)
- Next unroll one sheet of puff pastry and cut the sheet into 16 squares. (I did 4 rows by 4 rows.) Then place each square in your prepared muffin tin.
- Take your brie out of the freezer and cut it into cubes. Then place one cube in the center of each muffin tin and spoon a small amount of cranberry sauce over the top. (Be careful not to add too much sauce. These bites puff up a lot and they'll spew out everywhere if they're overfilled.)
- Next place your pan in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Once done, take the pan out of the oven and let the bites cool for a few minutes. Then run a sharp knife around the edge of each cup and pop them out of the tin.
- Garnish with chopped candied pecans & fresh rosemary if desired. Serve immediately!
- Raspberry jam
- Apricot jam
- Fig jam
- Sundried tomato pesto