Tender shredded chicken, lots of veggies and all the spicy deliciousness of traditional buffalo sauce! This recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll never guess that it’s completely gluten free and dairy free too!
Fun fact: Before meeting Charlie I rarely ever ate anything buffalo flavored. (I think I might’ve had a buffalo flavored chip one time, but that was about it…) So you can imagine how my “food world” changed dramatically during that first year considering buffalo wings are his favorite food on the planet! But honestly, I’m so glad that it did! Now I feel like I buffalo-ize everything! Including this crock pot buffalo chicken soup that I’m about to share with you all today!
- Chicken breasts: You can replace these with boneless skinless chicken thighs instead. (Use 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken thighs, if using.)
- Chicken stock: I prefer to use stock over broth because I think it has a richer flavor. However, you can also use chicken or vegetable broth if you have it. I would also suggest using no salt added or low sodium stock too if you can find it.
- Frank’s Hot Sauce: Use the original Frank’s sauce. Do not use Frank’s “wing” sauce!
- Corn: You can use fresh or frozen corn. (If you;re using frozen corn, make sure to thaw the corn completely before adding it to the crock pot.)
- Red potatoes
- White onion
- Salt & pepper
What makes this soup healthy?
One of my favorite things about this soup is that it’s completely gluten free and dairy free! We’re not using any heavy cream, milk or flour in this recipe. Plus there’s no cornstarch used to thicken it either! Instead we’re going to blend paprt of the soup to give it that creamy texture every good hearty soup needs!.
What toppings do I put on buffalo chicken soup?
You all know this is my favorite part of about any soup recipe! 😉 ome of my favorite toppings are listed below:
- Tortilla strips
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Feta cheese
- Green onion/white onion
- Drizzle of ranch dressing
- More Frank’s Hot Sauce!
What do I serve with this soup?
Serving this soup for a large party couldn’t be any easier too! Just pair it with a few simple sides and you’ve got yourself one delicious and healthy meal. Here are a few of my favorite sides to serve with it:
- Side salad
- Roasted broccoli
- Sauteed zucchini
- Carrot fries
- Rolls & butter
- Garlic bread/ bread sticks
How do I reheat buffalo chicken soup?
This soup also perfect for meal prepping and makes a fantastic lunch for the next day! To reheat the soup, simply pour however much soup as you want into a pot and heat it over medium heat until it starts to boil, or it’s hot enough to your liking. Pour it into a bowl, sprinkle it with your favorite toppings and you’re good to go!
All I’m going to say is that if you LOVE buffalo chicken then you are going to absolutely LOVE this crock pot buffalo chicken soup too!
Hope you’re having a great day everyone!
More recipes like this:
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Gnocchi with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs
- Baked Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock (can be replaced with broth)
- ½ cup Franks Hot Sauce + extra for the chicken (not wing sauce!)
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen *See notes if using frozen)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (about 2 stalks)
- 1 cup carrots, sliced (about 2)
- 1 cup red potatoes, chopped small (about 2 medium potatoes)
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Optional toppings: cilantro, blue cheese crumbles, tortilla strips, avocado
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken breasts inside the pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover the pot with a lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Once done, take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Pour a little more Franks hot sauce over the shredded chicken until it's just coated. Set it aside. (Keep in mind that the more you coat your chicken, the spicier the soup will be.)
- Take 2 cups of your soup from the crock pot and blend it in a blender until smooth. Pour the pureed soup back into the pot and add your shredded chicken. Stir and serve with your favorite toppings!