You just can’t go wrong with these flavors! Garlicky, crispy herbed potatoes served with a bold, creamy & salty whipped feta dip! This easy air fryer potato recipe is about to become your new favorite side dish!
Crispy potatoes hold a special place in my heart. For some people, it’s pasta or rice or maybe even mashed potatoes are their comfort food of choice – but for me…it’s crispy potatoes all the way! A few weeks ago some of our friends introduced us to air frying potatoes and OH MY GOSH they were so good! Like I-will-never-go-back-to-roasting-potatoes-in-the-oven-again type of good! (A least for right now that is.😉) So I just had to put a recipe for them up on the blog! But what really puts these crispy herbed potatoes over the top?! Dipping them in our favorite velvety smooth lemon whipped feta dip!
Ingredients For Your Crispy Herbed Potatoes
- Baby golden potatoes: Use golden potatoes instead of red potatoes for this recipe. (They have tend to have a creamier texture and a more “buttery” flavor to them.) Try to use potaotes that are similar in size to allow for even cooking time.
- Avocado oil: Has a higher smoking point than most oils which helps keep your potatoes super crispy in the air fryer.
- Spices: Dried oregano, dried dill, garlic powder, salt & black pepper are all you need to make your potatoes absolutely delicious!
Ingredients For Your Whipped Feta Dip
- Feta cheese: Use block feta for the best results. (Store bought crumbled feta doesn’t have the same bold flavor.)
- Plain Greek yogurt: Gives your whipped feta it’s smooth texture.
- Lemon juice: Always use fresh lemon juice! (Store bought lemon juice tends to have additives in it that can alter it’s flavor.) You’ll only need 1 tablespoon of juice for this recipe.
- Garlic: Adds a subtle “bite” to your dip.
- Milk: Any type of milk works for this recipe. (We’re using it to thin out the dip so you’ll just need a few teaspoons.)
- Black pepper: We love using freshly cracked pepper for this dip!
How To Make Crispy Herbed Potatoes With Whipped Feta Dip
- Make the whipped feta. Add all your whipped feta ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. (I would start with 1 teaspoon of milk and add 1-2 more teaspoons gradually until you get the consistency you want.) Then pour your whipped feta dip into a bowl, cover it and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Preheat your air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your potatoes. Wash and pat dry your potatoes, then cut each potato in half and place them in a large bowl. (You may need to quarter them if you’re using larger potatoes.) Next toss the potatoes in your avocado oil and spices until they’re fully coated.
- Air fry. Add your potatoes to the air fryer basket and spread them out in an even layer. Air fry them for 10 minutes then shake the basket and fry for another 8-10 minutes. (18-20 minutes total)
- Serve! Once done, serve your potatoes immediately with your whipped feta dip on the side.
Looking for a great air fryer? We have the Ninja Foodi Grill Pro and absolutely love it!
Alright loves, now you have these perfectly crispy herbed potatoes and velvety smooth whipped feta… So now what? What do you serve them with? Here are a few of our favorite ideas to help get you started:
- Serve them as an appetizer! These would be fantastic for a game day party!
- Bring them to a potluck or picnic! Your guestes won’t stop talking about that whipped feta dip!
- Use them as a side dish for your favorite protein! These potatoes pair so well with chicken, salmon or beef dishes! (Try my Lemon Oregano Chicken or Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Dijon Sauce!)
- Eat them for a hearty snack! Sometimes I’ll eat the leftovers for a quick snack the nest day!😉
- How do I store my leftover potatoes and whipped feta dip? Place your leftover potatoes in a plastic bag and pour your leftover feta dip into an air tight container. Place both in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them again.
- How long will my whipped feta dip last in the fridge? It should stay good for 3 days if stored correctly. (Your whipped feta will firm up while it sits in fridge so you might want to leave it out at room temperature for a few minutes before dipping into it again.)
- Can I freeze whipped feta? Yes! Place your feta dip in an airtight container and keep it stored in the freezer for 1-2 months. Then defrost it in the fridge overnight when your ready to use it again.
- How long with my leftover potatoes last in the fridge? They should should stay good for 3-4 days if stored correctly.
- How do I reheat my leftover potatoes? Place your potatoes on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and heat them in the oven at 350 degrees until they’re warm all the way through. (About 10-15 minutes.)
Why you’ll love this crispy herbed potato recipe
- Bold flavors! Herby, garlicky crispy potatoes paired with salty creamy whipped feta! It’s a match made in flavor heaven!
- Minimal cooking time! Roasting potatoes can take anywhere from 45 minutes – 1 hour to cook…😲 Not this recipe! We only need 20 minutes of air frying time!
- Doubles as a side dish or appetizer! These crispy potatoes would be perfect for a fun game day appetizer or can even be served on the side at your next dinner party!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Use your favorite “Greek style” dairy free yogurt & dairy free feta.
More side dish recipe you might like:
- Cajun Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
- Avocado & Feta Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Crispy Herbed Potatoes with Lemon Whipped Feta
For the garlic potatoes:
- 1 lb. baby golden potatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil*
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the lemony whipped feta:
- 8 oz. feta, crumbled
- 4 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1-3 tsp milk, any kind (depending on the consistency you want)
- Black pepper, to taste
To make the lemon whipped feta:
- Add all your ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. (Start with 1 teaspoon of milk and add more gradually if needed until your reach your desired consistency.)
To make the herbed potatoes:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Then wash and pat dry your potatoes. Cut each one in half and place them in a large bowl. (You may need to quarter any larger potatoes you have.)
- Next add your avocado oil, dried oregano, dried dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss the potatoes until they're fully coated.
- Add your potatoes to the air fryer basket and spread them out in an even layer. Cook them for 10 minutes then shake the basket and cook for another 8-10 minutes. (18-20 minutes total)
- Once done, serve your potatoes immediately with your whipped feta dip on the side.