Tender green beans are tossed with lots of garlic, shredded parmesan & spices then roasted until crispy! These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Beans are an easy side dish that come together in minutes!
Green beans are one of my favorite veggies! And these crispy roasted greens beans are a new favorite around here! They’re so simple and easy, it’s hard for me to actually call this a recipe. My favorite part is that there’s no blanching or precooking required – just toss them with the rest of your ingredients and you’re good to go! They’re cheesy, garlicky and so flavorful that even the pickiest eaters will love them! These are the best crispy roasted green beans!
Growing up, we’d always boil/blanch our green beans first, but I love that these garlic parmesan green beans are made in the oven! Not only are the beans perfectly cooked, but the parmesan becomes so crispy and delicious – ohhh it’s just the best! They’re so addicting, I can pop them in my mouth like candy!
Ingredients For Your Roasted Green Beans
- Green beans: Look for beans that are firm and green with no brown spots for the best results. You’ll need 1 – 1½ pounds for this recipe!
- Garlic: You’ll need about 6 large garlic cloves.
- Parmesan cheese: We’ll usually buy a block of parmesan and shred it ourselves. (It’s so much more flavorful than pre-shredded cheese!) Store bought shredded or grated parmesan can be used instead though.
- Oil: I always recommend using avocado oil for roasting veggies. (It has a higher smoking point meaning it can crisp up your veggies at a higher temperature without burning them.) Olive oil can be used instead!
- Spices: Salt and black pepper are all that’s needed!
- Lemon: Optional – A little squeeze over the top of your beans after roasting really elevates their flavor!
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
1. Prep your oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and line a large baking pan with parchment paper. (You might need 2 pans depending on how many green beans you have and the size of your oven.)
2. Prep your green beans. Trim both ends off your green beans and place them in a large bowl. (We’ll usually snap the ends off with our hands but using a knife to cut them works too.)
3. Toss. Add your green beans, oil, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss until fully coated.
4. Roast. Then pour your green beans onto your prepared baking pan and spread them out in a single layer. (It’s ok if a few beans are overlapping.) Place them in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve! Squeeze a little lemon over the top (if desired) and serve immediately!
Do I have to trim my green beans? Yes. The ends can get a little tough after roasting so I always suggest trimming them beforehand.
Can I use frozen green beans? Yes! Simply toss your frozen green beans with the rest of your ingredients and prepare them according to the directions. There’s no thawing required!
I don’t have parmesan! Is there a different cheese I can use? Absolutely! Pecorino Romano or Asiago would be great substitutes!
Why you’ll love this roasted green bean recipe!
- Quick & easy! Just trim, toss & roast for 15 minutes!
- No blanching required! Most green bean recipes require you to blanch the beans first, but not this one! We’re skipping this extra step making this recipe even easier!
- A Thanksgiving green bean recipe you’ll actually want to eat! Let’s face it, green bean casserole is a little…questionable at times. But everyone will love these roasted green beans!
More side dish recipes you might like:
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Feta & Dill
- Easy Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Maple Brown Butter
[Made one of my recipes? Tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments – I love seeing what you create!]
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- 1 – 1½ lbs. green beans
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 6 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Lemon, to squeeze over the top (optional)
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees and line a large baking pan with parchment paper. (You might need 2 pans depending on how many green beans you have and the size of your oven.)
- Trim both ends off your green beans and place them in a large bowl. (We'll usually snap the ends off with our hands but using a knife to cut them works too.)
- Add your green beans, oil, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss until fully coated.
- Then pour your green beans onto your prepared baking pan and spread them out in a single layer. (It's ok if a few beans are overlapping.) Place them in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Squeeze a little lemon over the top (if desired) and serve immediately!