Chicken wings tossed in a spicy homemade cajun seasoning then cooked in the air fryer until golden & crispy! Serve them with an easy lemon ranch dip for the ultimate party food!
Chicken wings – the epitome of game day food! (At least in our house it is! I swear we can’t go one party or get-together without having some type of wings involved.😉) And ever since getting our air fryer as a wedding present, our chicken wing game has been changed forever! Super crispy on the outside, tender and juicy in the center and so easy to make too! These crispy Cajun chicken wings have become a staple at our house now and I couldn’t be happier! They’re incredibly flavorful with the right amount of spice and easy to serve as an appetizer or even for a light meal!
Ingredients For Your Cajun Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings: Look for “party wings” or “wingettes” for the best results. (We haven’t test this recipe with whole or larger wings yet.)
- Cajun seasoning: Can be store bought or homemade. (I love using my homemade cajun seasoning for this recipe! It’s bold in flavor and adds just the right amount of spice!)
- Plain greek yogurt: Use as the base for your sauce! (I’ll usually use 0% greek yogurt for mine.)
- Ranch seasoning: Feel free to use your favorite brand. (We’ve had great results using Hidden Valley Ranch packets.)
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice works the best for this recipe. (Bottled lemon juice tends to have additives in it that can alter the flavor of your dip.) A little squeeze of lemon tastes amazing on your wings too!
How To Make Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Make your dip. Mix your dip ingredients together and keep it stored in the fridge while you prepare your wings. (This dip becomes more flavorful the longer it sits so we’ll usually make it up the night before.)
- Prep your wings. Pat your wings dry with a paper towel and place them in a large plastic bag. Then give them a quick spritz of cooking spray (we use avocado oil spray) and add your cajun seasoning to the bag. Then seal it and shake until your wings are fully coated.
- Fry them! Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Once it’s ready, add your chicken wings to the basket making sure they don’t overlap each other. (It’s ok to do this in batches.) Then fry your wings for 18-20 minutes flipping once around the 8-9 minute mark. (Every air fryer is different so your wings might take more or less time to cook depending. If you’re unsure, I’d suggest checking the wings every so often to make sure they don’t burn.)
- Serve. Serve your wings with your lemon ranch dip and enjoy!
Interested in baking your chicken wings instead? Try my Baked Cajun Chicken Wings recipe! (We always baked our chicken wings before getting our air fryer and this was my go-to recipe. The key is to bake & then broil them that the end.😉)
What Do I Serve With Cajun Chicken Wings?
We love serving these wings with my healthier lemon ranch sauce! It’s only 3 ingredients & made with greek yogurt so is loaded with protein too! You could also serve them with:
- Regular ranch dressing
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Fresh veggies like carrots & celery
- A side salad to make it a meal!
- Fries or potato wedges
What Air Fryer Do You Use?
We have a Ninja Foodi Grill Pro and love it! It can grill, air crisp, roast, bake, dehydrate AND comes with an attached smart probe thermometer to get a perfect cook every time! Plus it has a large basket too! We’ve tried a lot of air fryers over the years and this one is by far the best. (Not sponsored at all, I just genuinely love this product.😊) I highly recommend it if you’re looking for an air fryer!
- How many wings can you cook in the air fryer at one time? Every air fryer is different. I would suggest cooking just enough wings to fill the basket in a single layer without overlapping them. (Mine will usually hold 8-9 at a time.)
- How long do you do cook chicken wings in the air fryer? This recipe calls for cooking your wings at 390 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- I’m working in batches. How do I keep the wings I just cooked warm? Place your cooked chicken wings on a baking sheet and place them in the oven at 200 degrees or lower while you finish the rest ofyour batches. Add each batch as you go. (If possible, try to keep them in a single layer to keep their crispiness.)
- How do I store my leftover cajun chicken wings? Place your wings in an air tight container and keep them stored in the fridge. They should stay good for up to 4 days.
- Can you reheat cooked chicken wings? Yes! My favorite way to reheat them is in the oven. Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and spread your wings out on a baking sheet. Then bake them for 5-10 minutes or until they reach your desired temperature.
Why you’ll love this air fryer chicken wing recipe
- No oil! Because we’re making these in the air fryer, there’s no oil needed! Just a quick spritz of cooking spray to help your seasoning stick to the wings!
- So crispy! Let’s be honest, the best part about wings is a super crispy bite! Cooking them in the air fryer ensures maximum crispiness every single time!
- Bold flavors! A spicy homemade seasoning made with cajun herbs & spices AND ranch dip jazzed up with a touch of lemon! What could be better?!
Need it gluten free? Great news, they already are!
Need it dairy free? Replace the greek yogurt with your favorite non-dairy yogurt & look for a dairy free ranch seasoning.
More chicken recipes you might like:
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- Crispy Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings
- Apple & Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Crispy Cajun Chicken Wings (In the Air Fryer)
For the cajun chicken wings:
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning*
- Cooking spray, for coating (we use avocado oil spray)*
For the lemon ranch dip:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning (1 packet)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
To make the lemon ranch dip:
- Mix your dip ingredients together and keep it stored in the fridge until you're ready to eat. (Your dip becomes more flavorful the longer it sits so we'll usually make it up the night before.)
To make the chicken wings:
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Then pat your chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place them in a large plastic bag. Give them a quick spray of cooking spray and add your cajun seasoning. Then seal the bag and shake it until your wings are fully coated.
- Next add your chicken wings in a single layer to the basket. (Make sure they don't overlap.) Cook the wings for 18-20 minutes flipping once around the 8-9 minute mark.
- Once done, serve immediately with your lemon ranch dip.