Thick, fudgy and a cookies & cream lover’s dream! These easy dessert bars are so addicting and take no time at all to make too!
In case you haven’t heard…we now have GLUTEN FREE OEROS people! So of course I have to test them out by whipping up a tasty cookies & cream treat right?! And dang am I so glad that I did! These cookies & cream oreo blondies are so addicting and easy to make and even made a little healthier for you too! But don’t take my word for it. Try them yourselves and I promise they’ll become one of your favorites treats in no time! Plus they’re perfect for serving a crowd too!
These blondies are made with minimal ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your house right now! But the best part is – there’s no butter or oil needed! Instead we’ve used healthier swaps to make these bars still taste rich and decadent!
- Almond flour: Make sure to use superfine almond flour and NOT almond meal or natural almond flour! These have a different consistency than superfine almond flour and your blondies won’t hold together as well if you use them.
- Almond butter: Adds flavor and is used as a replacement for oil/butter. (Make sure to use a “drippy” kind of almond butter for this recipe so it of “mimicks” the consistency of oil. If your almond butter is a little too thick, you can always microwave it for 20-30 seconds before adding it to your recipe.)
- Coconut sugar: Adds sweetness! (This can also be replaced with white or brown sugar too!)
- Eggs: Used as a binder to hold your blondie bars together.
- Vanilla: Ties your flavors together in perfect delicious harmony!
- Baking powder: Gives your bars their height and helps with their fudgy texture too!
- Salt: Helps to brings out the flavors of all your ingredients!
- Milk & white chocolate chips: I love using a combination of milk and white chocolate because they add so much cookies and cream flavor to your bars! The milk chocolate has a very strong “chocolatey” taste (much like the cookie part of an Oreo) while the white chocolate is much more mild and creamy (like the creamy filling in the center.)
- Oreos (gluten free): The most important ingredient! These 100% take your blondies over the top because they add so much texture and flavor to your bars! At first you first get that ooey gooey goodness of the bar itself and then BAM – suddenly you’re hit with a crunchy and creamy oreo cookie piece! (You can also use regular Oreos if you’re not gluten free.)
How to make cookies & cream oreo blondies
This recipe is so easy to put together and perfect if you looking for a no hassle treat!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Next mix your almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips together in a bowl and set it aside.
- Then whisk your eggs, almond butter and vanilla together in a separate larger bowl. Add your dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in your Oreo pieces. (The dough will be VERY thick at this point!)
- Next press your dough into the prepared baking pan and spread it out to form an even layer. Press a few extra crumbled Oreo pieces into the top and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Once done, let the blondies cool slightly before cutting and serve!
- Make it dairy free! Just swap out both chocolate chips (milk & white) for your favorite dairy free chocolate and you’re good to go! (Fun fact: Oreos are already dairy free! 😉 )
- Use a different nut butter! Ok so maybe almond butter isn’t really your thing…not to worry loves! You can also use cashew butter or even peanut butter to replace it! (Keep in mind though that this will also change the taste of these bars too. For example, if using peanut butter the your blondies will have a very strong “peanut buttery” taste.)
- Use flavored Oreos instead! (Assuming these don’t need to be gluten free.) There are soo many different flavors of Oreos now that it’s so much fun to experiment with different flavors! You can use chocolate, chocolate hazelnut, caramel coconut or I’ve even seen a Brookie-O Oreo that’s stuffed with brownie and cookie dough creme too! (Which personally sounds like heaven to me! 😉 ) But go crazy with it and try a few different fun flavors!
I hope you all enjoy these cookies and cream oreo blondies just as much as we do!
More recipes you might like:
- Oreo Cheesecake Dip (Dairy free)
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Double Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies (Gluten free)
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Cookies & Cream Oreo Blondies (Gluten free)
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond butter (use the "drippy" kind)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 11-12 Oreos, crushed (plus more for the top, use gluten free Oreos if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Then mix your almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and both chocolate chips together in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Next whisk your eggs together in a larger separate bowl. Then add your almond butter and vanilla and stir them together with a large spoon. Add your dry ingredients and stir it again until a thick dough forms. (Your dough will be VERY thick at this point.) Then stir in your crushed Oreo pieces.
- Next press the dough into your prepared pan to form an even layer. Press a few extra Oreo pieces on top and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let your blondies cool completely before cutting and serving!