Do you prefer salty or sweet? …Personally I hate that question. Partially because I’m the queen of indecisiveness but mainly because I’m ALWAYS team both! (Honestly, I don’t think you’ll ever find me having one without the other.) And this couldn’t be any more apparent than with the creation of these chocolate caramel pretzel cups.
I’m telling you, my family COULD NOT put these babies down. I mean when your dad (the king of sweet and salty, mind you) comes running in from the backyard just to say that your newest creation is uhh-mazing and then asks if they’re on your website yet…I think you might be on to something. And I’m running with this one all the way to Flavatown babes!
But the thing I love most about these bites is that they were soo incredibly easy to make! It took me all of about 20ish minutes to put them all together and that’s including melting the chocolate chips and crushing the pretzels. Not too shabby if you ask me.
They’re also MUCH healthier than any store bought candy you’ll ever buy. Which is mainly due to the fact that the caramel you see, is made from dates. Yeah, you read that right…DATES! (If you don’t believe, check out my date caramel sauce that I used for this recipe.) But that’s it, just chocolate, pretzels and date caramel sauce. No added preservatives, chemicals, dyes or any other weird ingredients that I can’t pronounce the name of. Which I’m definitely all about – the less ingredients, the better!
So please please give these babies a chance and make them ASAP! You won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cups
- 1 bag chocolate chips (milk, dark or sugar free)
- 1 batch date caramel sauce*
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- Line a mini cupcake tin. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips at 30 second intervals until completely melted. (Mine took about 1 minute and 15 seconds.)
- Scoop a small amount of melted chocolate into one of the tins to coat the bottom. Add about 1- 1 1/2 tsps of date caramel on top. Sprinkle on the crushed pretzels. Then scoop another spoonful of melted chocolate over the pretzels. (Make sure the top layer of chocolate completely covers the pretzels and gets all the way down the sides.) Sprinkle finely crushed pretzels over the top.
- Repeat with the remaining muffin tins. Store in the fridge until ready to eat!