You know those times when you want a cheeseburger, but aren’t really feeling the bun? And then a salad sounds good too, but you’re craving something a little more substantial? (Definitely been there…) Well babes, I finally have the solution to all of your problems. Cheeseburger salad!
Honestly, the first time I made this at my parents’ house they both looked at me like I’d just committed murder right there in front of them… and now they didn’t know whether to turn and run or help me get rid of the body… BUT that was all before they tasted it. After one bite they were sold and I went from crazy psycho to an absolute genius all in a matter of minutes.
But think about it though; you have meat, cheese, a TON of veggies and all the 1,000 Island dressing you could ever want? Who needs carbs when you have all of that, right?! I was even contemplating calling this creation the In-n-Out salad because that’s exactly what it tastes like. In-n-Out in a bowl, in your house, in a matter of minutes and you didn’t have to pay a single thing for it. Now that is my kind of meal!
- 4 cups mix of chopped lettuce (I used a mixture of green leaf, red leaf & spinach)
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes or shredded
- 12 dill pickle slices, chopped
- 1,000 Island dressing *
- Season ground hamburger with salt & pepper. Saute it until cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and toss them together. Top with cook hamburger and drizzle with 1,000 Island dressing. Serve!