Hey loves! We’re finally ending this carrot craze with some carrot cake bagels and carrot cake cream cheese today! Which leads me to my next question: Is it possible to have too much carrot cake?? No? GOOD! Because this one is LOADED with all carrot cake-y flavor!
If you’ve been hanging around my site for a while, then this recipe will look pretty darn familiar to you. It’s basically just my 2 ingredient bagel recipe revamped into a yummy spin off of a classic dessert. And it could not be any easier y’all! (Random question: Does anyone ever find themselves saying ya’ll a lot even though they’re definitely NOT from the South?? …Because guilty as charged…) But in all seriousness, all ya’ll need to get on this one ASAP!
So 2 ingredients, what are they?
- Greek yogurt: Pretty much a health nut’s dream! Not only does it have a ton of protein packed into such a small amount (18g for 6oz!), but it’s also loaded with good probiotics to help keep your gut healthy and make sure that you’re staying regular. (Which we all know is very very important. 😉 )
- Self Rising Flour: This is basically just a prepackaged combination of flour, baking powder and salt. AND if you live anywhere in a town like I do, for some reason ALL of your grocery stores decide not to sell it… So you have 2 options: You can either go online, buy it for umpteen dollars and wait countless days for it to show up at your door OR you can just make it yourself… (Choose the latter, it’s much easier!)
- To Make Self Rising Flour: 1 cup flour (all purpose or whole wheat) + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt
Also, quick side note: Make sure to flour your work station and hands before working with the dough. This helps to prevent the dough from sticking to both!
Let’s talk cream cheese next! I don’t know about you, but the toppings for bagels are ALWAYS my favorite part! I know regular cream cheese and carrot cake go together like two peas in a pod, but it just didn’t feel right not playing around with the schmear too. 😉 No recipe needed for this one loves!
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese: Take your favorite cream cheese, add some leftover grated carrots, a handful of raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon. BAM. Done!
- (Side note for all you non-dairy people out there: Kite Hill has some FANTASTIC non-dairy products! I used their plain cream cheese for these bagels and no one in my family could tell the difference.) *Not sponsored, just my honest opinion*
So how easy do these sound? And how perfect would they be for your big Easter brunch coming up this weekend?
I hope you give them a try babes and definitely let me know how they turn out!
Carrot Cake Bagels
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup self rising flour* (see substitute below)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (heaping)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white
For Cream Cheese:
- cream cheese (regular, light, non-dairy, etc.)
- grated carrots
To Make Bagels:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, combine the yogurt, flour, carrots, raisins and cinnamon. Using the hook appliance, blend the ingredients together until a sticky dough forms. Once the dough is made, form it into 4 equal sized balls.
- Coat your hands with a little flour and sprinkle some flour over your work station. (This helps to prevents the dough from sticking.) Take each ball and roll it into a 3/4 inch “rope”. Then pinch the ends together to form a circle. (You may need to wet the ends slightly in order for them to stick together.)
- Place each bagel on the baking sheet and lightly brush them with the egg white.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
To make cream cheese:
- Combine your favorite cream cheese, leftover grated carrots, a handful of raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve on bagels, toast or eat by the spoonful! 😉