Sweet ripened bananas and gooey chocolate chips come together to make these decadent banana bread brownies! Trust me, you won’t be able to stop at one!
Banana bread has always held a very special place in my heart. BUT I’m also a chocoholic to the core and have always had a deep burning passion for brownies too. So how is one to decide between the two?? Answer: You don’t… (That’s like asking a parent to choose they’re favorite child…oh wait…) But these easy banana bread brownies are living proof that you can have your cake AND eat it too loves!
What kind of nut butter do I use?
I used regular almond butter (mainly because I LOVE almond butter) but you can also use your favorite type of nut butter too. I would suggest using cashew butter or peanut butter if you’re looking for a replacement. Also, I would NOT recommend using a “chunky” nut butter or one that’s flavored.
When are bananas best for baking?
Ok, so you know those bananas that’ve been sitting on your counter for the last few weeks and are starting to resemble something more along the lines of what your dog does in the yard instead of an actual piece of fruit?! Yeahhh…use those! In other words, get them BROWN as BROWN can be!
- Here’s a good rule of thumb: The BROWNER the banana, the SWEETER it is and the SWEETER your banana bread/brownies will be!
How do I make these brownies dairy free?
It’s so easy! Because these brownies are made without butter, the only ingredient you really need to focus on is the chocolate. Just look for non-dairy chocolate chips at your local grocery store and you’re all set!
What else can I add to my banana bread bread brownies?
Personally I love the whole banana and chocolate combination, but maybe that’s not your thing? No problem hun! You can also replace the chocolate chips with chopped nuts, dried fruit or even peanut butter chips! Just replace the chocolate chips with a 1/2 cup of your add-in of choice and you’ll be good to go. (I’ve also made these for a friend and used m&m’s instead of chocolate chips too. They turned out amazing and were so cute and colorful! 😉 )
Not gonna lie, after writing this I’m definitely craving some warm, fudgy banana goodness right now… So I think I’ll go whip some up. 😉 Who’s with me?!
Hope you’re having a blessed day loves!
Want even more recipes involving brownies? Check out some of my other favorites below:
- Butternut Squash Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Double Chocolate Cherry Zucchini Muffins (They taste just like brownies!)
- Red Velvet Truffles (Made with brownies!)
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Banana Bread Brownies
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2½ bananas)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (can replace with brown sugar)
- ¼ cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, semi-sweet or dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg and vanilla together with a large spoon. Add the flour mixture and stir again until it's just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 21-23 minutes. Once done, allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out and cutting them.