The best summer dessert that’s healthier for you too! They’re sweet, easy to make and delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Imagine biting into a warm juicy nectarine slathered with cinnamon and honey and followed up with cool creamy vanilla ice cream… Doesn’t that just get your taste buds tingling?!😍 Because it definitely does mine! Which is exactly why I’m so excited to share these easy baked nectarines with cinnamon honey sauce! It’s a super simple recipe using a handful of ingredients and a fun way to use up those leftover nectarines too!
Ingredients for baked nectarines
- Nectarines: Look for nectarines that are slightly soft and “give in” a little when you give them a gentle squeeze. (That means they’re ripe!) You can also replace them with peaches too!
- Honey: Used as the base of your sauce and adds so much sweetness to your dessert!
- Cinnamon: I love love love necatrines and cinnamon together! A little goes a long way though, so if there’s too much cinnamon in the sauce feel free to cut it down to a 1/2 teaspon.
- Vanilla extract: A must to get your honey sauce just right! Adding vanilla helps to blend your flavors together it pairs so well with your baked nectarines!
How to make the best baked nectarines
- Make the sauce: Whisk your sauce ingredients together and set it aside.
- Bake your nectarines: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray and baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut your nectarines in half and remove the pit. Then place the halves in your baking dish cut side up and spoon your sauce over the top of each. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the necatrines are soft and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve & enjoy: Serve with a big ol’ dollop of vanilla ice cream and any extra honey sauce and DIG IN!
Why you’ll love this summer dessert recipe
- Super easy! Only 4 ingredients is all you need to make this yummy summer dessert! Just throw your nectarines and honey sauce together in a baking dish and let your oven do all the work!
- A better for you dessert! This dessert is perfect for the more health conscious person because it’s essentially made entirely with fruit! Roasting your fruit helps to bring out it’s natural sugars so you’re still able to get your sweet fix in without overdoing it! (Buttt a little ice cream with it wouldn’t hurt too…😉)
- Easily customizable! Don’t like nectarines? No worries loves! This dessert can also be made with baked peaches or plums too! (Just swap in your favorite stone fruit and use the same instructions.)
What do I top my baked nectarines with?
Don’t hold back when it comes to the toppings! I mean, don’t get wrong this baked dessert is super good when served on it’s own, but add a little scoop of ice cream on top and it’s at a whole new level then! Here are a few other fun ways to top your baked nectarines:
- Salted caramel ice cream (or your favorite ice cream flavor)
- Vanilla greek yogurt
- Whipped cream (homemade or store bought – Check out my favorite homemade whipped cream in this recipe!)
- Granola (homemade or store bought)
- Candied/toasted nuts
- Berries (raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
Need it dairy free? Top it with your favorite dairy free ice cream or yogurt!
I hope you’re all having the best day loves! Let me know if you tried the recipe and how you topped it in the comments!
More fruit recipes you might like:
- Baked Stuffed Apples with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- Cinnamon Peach Banana Bread
- Summer Peach & Blueberry Kale Salad
- Peach, Corn & Halloumi Salad
- Peach, Mozzarella & Crispy Prosciutto Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Baked Nectarines with Cinnamon Honey Sauce
- 3 nectarines, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Optional: vanilla ice cream, vanilla yogurt, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the nectarine halves in your baking dish cut side up. Whisk the honey, cinnamon and vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over your nectarines. (Make sure to fill the center and let the sauce drip down the sides.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or yogurt and any extra cinnamon honey sauce!