Everything you love about buffalo chicken just stuffed into fluffy flour tortillas and topped with a creamy lime sauce! They’re the perfect spin on taco night!
If you love buffalo chicken (and honestly, how could you not?! 😉 ) then you definitely need these tacos in your life! They’re spicy, tangy, creamy, have just a little bit of crunch from the cabbage and most importantly are so easy to make too! Trust me babes, you’re going to want to add these baked buffalo chicken tacos to your dinner rotation ASAP!
What kind of chicken should I use for these tacos?
I love using chicken tenders for this recipe because they’re fast, easy to cook and inexpensive too. Plus they’re incredibly moist and tender which is just perfect for these tacos! But just in case you can’t find them or don’t have any on hand, you can also use chicken thighs are breasts too! All you need to do is alter the cooking time slightly. Here are the cooking times and temps below.
- Tenders: Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes
- Thighs: Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Breasts: Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
How to make cilantro lime crema
Who else agrees that every good taco needs some kind of delicious sauce to go with it?? Because I am right there with you! 😉 And this easy cilantro lime crema has been my go-to sauce for just about everything lately! It’s creamy, full of tangy lime juice and is even healthier for you too!
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Just place all of these ingredients in a food processor and blend them together until smooth.
Storage: Pour the sauce into a sealed container and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. The sauce should last for 1 week in the fridge.
Ahhh, the pièce de résistance of tacos! There’s honestly soo many different things you can top these bad boys with that it’s hard to pick my favorites! Usually when we serve these for a crowd we’ll just put out every topping we can think of and let people go at! It’s always so much fun to mix and match the toppings and our guests always love it!
- Shredded cabbage
- Shredded lettuce
- Green onion/red onion
- Chopped tomatoes
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Cotija cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Extra hot sauce! 😉
Tips for making the best baked buffalo chicken tacos
- These tacos can get pretty spicy – so if you don’t like a ton of heat then you might want to tone down the buffalo sauce a little bit. To do so, just add 1-2 Tbsp of melted butter to the Franks Red Hot Sauce before adding it to your chicken. (The cilantro lime crema also helps to tone down the spice too!)
- Use flour tortillas for these tacos! They have a more neutral flavor than corn tortillas and pair so well with buffalo chicken!
- Add a squeeze of lime over the top! Just that little hint of freshness really helps to elevates these tacos and adds so much flavor too!
More recipes like this:
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos with Mexican Corn Salsa
- Easy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Gnocchi with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
For the buffalo chicken:
- 1¼ lbs. chicken tenders (or boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (NOT buffalo sauce)
For the cilantro lime crema:
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
For the tacos:
- Cabbage, sliced thin
- Green onion
- Avocado, diced
- Flour tortillas
To make the cilantro lime crema:
- Add all of your ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
To make the buffalo chicken:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the paprika and garlic powder together and sprinkle it over both sides of your chicken tenders. Place the tenders in your prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, use 2 large forks to shred it in the pan. Add your ½ cup of hot sauce and mix until the chicken is fully coated.
To make the tacos:
- Layer your tortillas with the buffalo chicken, cilantro lime crema, cabbage, avocado and extra extra lime.