Crispy, spicy and everything in between! These little cauliflower bites are so fun to make and are a great low carb option for when you’re craving some buffalo!
If you’re here then you’re probably well aware of the whole Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi phenomenon that seems to be sweeping the internet these days. And to be completely honest with you, I was not a fan…at first. But that all changed when I discovered a few simple tricks to turn these little pillows from “just ok” to crispy deliciousness! (And then covered them in buffalo sauce, because hey, it’s football season people!) Trust me, these baked buffalo cauliflower gnocchi NEED to be at your next game day!
How to Bake Cauliflower Gnocchi
Ok babes, I’ve tried following the directions for cooking on the back of the package several times now and every single time they’ve just come out mushy and limp. (I’m no quitter, but I was about ready to give this up for good.) But then I discovered that baking it is where it’s at! Just follow these step-by-step instructions and you’ll have perfectly crispy gnocchi every single time!
- Thaw your gnocchi! (This is VERY IMPORTANT)
- You can do this by either putting the bag in some warm water for a few hours or leaving the bag in the fridge overnight.
- Spray it with avocado oil spray!
- I’ve found that avocado oil spray works the best and gets the gnocchi nice and crispy. If you don’t have spray, then regular avocado oil is fine too. Just lightly rub a little oil over each gnocchi.
- Place the gnocchi on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and make sure they are not touching.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (Do not flip them halfway through!)
- Enjoy your crispy gnocchi with a dipping sauce or with your favorite pasta sauce!
Note: After I covered the gnocchi in my buffalo sauce, I tossed them back in the oven for a few minutes to crisp back up again. DO NOT do this if you like your gnocchi a little more on the saucy side.
How to Make Healthier Buffalo Sauce
I like to keep my sauce pretty simple and quite honestly, I don’t think you need an insane amount of butter to make it taste good. That being said, you do need some butter in order to cut the heat from the hot sauce. Here’s the ratio I always use below:
- 1/4 cup Frank Red Hot Sauce (Do not use wing sauce!)
- 1 Tbsp butter (or ghee if Paleo)
I love this “recipe” because it’s so easy to double or triple it if I need to. Just make as much as you need and you can always store any leftover sauce in the fridge too!
How to Make Healthier Ranch Dip
Who doesn’t love ranch with buffalo wings right?! But if you look at most ranch dressings you’ll see that they’re incredibly high in fat and sugar. That’s why I love making my own dip with just 2 ingredients!
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ranch dip package
Simply mix these two ingredients together and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. (This can also be made a few days in advance too. In fact I would even suggest making it ahead of time because the longer it sits, the more time the flavors have to meld together.)
So there you have it! A super simple way to cook cauliflower gnocchi, one delicious sauce and even a healthier dip option to dunk them in. I just know you’re going to love them!
More Appetizer Recipes Like This:
- Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche (One of the most popular recipes on my blog)
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Cinnamon Roasted Delicata Squash Fries
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Gnocchi with Healthier Ranch Dip
For the Buffalo Gnocchi:
- 1 bag cauliflower gnocchi, thawed (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- ¼ cup Franks red hot sauce (not wing sauce!)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Avocado oil cooking spray
For the Ranch Dip
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ranch dip package
To Make the Ranch Dip:
- Combine both ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
To Make the Buffalo Gnocchi:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet line with parchment paper.
- Make sure your gnocchi is thawed completely and place it in a bowl. Spray the gnocchi with your avocado spray until it's completely coated. Spread the gnocchi out on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the gnocchi is baking, heat the hot sauce and butter together in a sauce pan over medium heat until the butter has melted. Set aside.
- When the gnocchi is done, pour them into a bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over them. Toss to make sure they're completely coated. Place the gnocchi back on the baking sheet and bake again for 5-10 more minutes or until crispy.
- Serve immediately with ranch dip!
These were so good. Thanks for the new find at Trader Joe’s and the buffalo sauce is just the right amount of heat.
Thanks Cheryl! I’m so glad you liked them! 🙂