True story: When purchasing my giant tub of greek yogurt at the store the other day, I had the check out clerk ask me if I had ever heard of something she called “the 2 ingredient bagel dough.” That right there sealed the deal and I knew I had always been destined to make these bad boys.
Considering that I had seen 2 ingredient bagels EVERYWHERE on social media, I had already made up my mind that I was going to try them….about 6 months ago! But you know how life goes. Whenever you set your heart on something, something else always seems to pop up to get in it’s way. Just like it did with these little babies. But no more! I finally put my foot down, bought the ingredients I needed (a whopping 2 things) and barricaded myself in the kitchen until they were done! And what a masterpiece they made!
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a simpler recipe. I always thought that bagels were going to be some laborious task that would take hours to roll and set and rise and bake and even then it was a toss up on whether or not they would come out perfect. But these beauts? So far they’ve come out perfect every single time!
So here’s a few tips I’ve learned to yield the perfect bagel:
- DO NOT over mix the dough! The more you mix it, the stickier it becomes. Which then results in a very dry and dense bagel. *Bleh*
- USE SEASONINGS! No one likes a plain bagel. (If you do, I’m sorry that’s just my personal opinion.) Some of my personal favorites are everything seasoning (aka crack), garlic, cinnamon and raisins, and jalapenos and cheddar. But just go crazy with them!
- When rolling out the dough, make sure to lightly flour your work space. This will also help prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
- Toast them bagels babes! I’ll tell ya, there’s nothing like a warm toasty bagel with cream cheese to get those good vibes flowin’!
Let me know if you end up trying them and what flavors you choose! I love hearing from you!
2 Ingredient Bagels
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup self rising flour* (see substitute below)
- 1 egg white
- For Everything Bagels- add 1/2 tsp everything bagel seasoning + 2 garlic cloves, minced
- For Cinnamon Raisin Bagels- add 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine greek yogurt, flour, & any add-ins your using in a standing mixer. Using the hook appliance, blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Once the dough is made, form it into 4 small balls.
- Roll each ball into a 3/4 inch “rope”. Then pinch the ends together to form it into a circle.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and place the bagels on the sheet. Brush each bagel with the egg white and sprinkle with additional toppings if desired. (I sprinkled more everything bagel seasoning on mine.)
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until slightly browned.