Looking for a refreshing side dish to serve this summer? Try this easy watermelon salad that that’s full of flavor and so easy to make too!
Watermelon and summer are synonymous in my book. Which is probably why this watermelon, blueberry and feta salad is quickly becoming one of my favorite side dishes to serve! It’s light and refreshing, slightly tangy, incredibly easy to make and so soo juicy! Plus it can easily be made ahead of time too!
Only 6 ingredients stand between you and this delicious salad! Here’s what you’ll need below.
- Watermelon: I used mini seedless watermelons for this recipe but you can also use standard watermelons too.
- Blueberries: Can be replaced with blackberries instead.
- Feta Cheese
This salad also keeps very well so if you have any leftovers, they’re perfect for a quick lunch during the week!
How to pick a watermelon
The easiest way to tell if a watermelon is ripe is by giving it a hard tap on it’s side. If you hear a deep hollow sound then the watermelon is ripe, if it’s more like a shallow thud then the melon needs a few more days to ripen. You can also check for a yellow spot on the melon which develops on the side where the melon sits on the ground. If the spot is a bright yellow then you also know the watermelon is ripe.
What can I serve with watermelon salad?
One of the best things about this dish is that it pairs well with practically everything! Burgers, hot dogs, bbq, you name it and it will complement it! And because it’s so light and refreshing, it’s also the perfect side dish to bring to all of your summer barbecues and potlucks too!
- Want a little crunch? Try adding some toasted almonds, pecans or pistachios!
- Switch up the fruit! Sometimes I’ll replace the blueberries with blackberries and the watermelon with strawberries.
- Substitute the feta with goat cheese for a creamier salad!
I hope you all enjoy this watermelon, blueberry and feta salad just as much as we do! Have the very best day loves!
More recipes like this:
- Summer Peach & Blueberry Kale Salad (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Summer Corn Salad with Avocado
- Cherry, Goat Cheese & Toasted Pecan Kale Salad
- Grape & Feta Kale Salad
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Watermelon, Blueberry & Feta Salad
- 5 cups watermelon, cut into cubes (about 2 mini watermelons)
- 1½ cups blueberries
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh limes, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 3 tsp honey
- Whisk the lime juice and honey together and set it aside.
- Add the watermelon, blueberries and feta cheese to a bowl. Toss the ingredients together in your lime dressing and sprinkle with basil just before serving.