No oil, no butter and only made with 4 ingredients! This easy treat is about to become your new holiday obsession!
Looking for an easy treat to make this fall? Well look no further loves because this tasty pumpkin butter freezer fudge is all you’re going to need! It’s sweet, creamy, rich and decadent and only made with 4 ingredients! It just doesn’t get any better than that right?!
Most freezer fudge recipes I’ve tried call for using coconut oil, but personally I’m not a fan of it. (The fudge just becomes wayy too hard after being in the freezer and most of the tie you can taste the oil too. Plus when it melts it can leave an oily residue all over your hands.😲) But not this fudge! This baby has the perfect fudgy consistency and all without using any type of oil or butter too!
- Chocolate chips: I would suggest using dark chocolate chips for this recipe. The pumpkin butter by itself is VERY sweet so the bitter dark chocolate really helps to mellow it all out.
- Pumpkin butter: Adds sweetness and so much pumpkin-y flavor and spice!
- Vanilla: Gives the fudge a smooth finish.
- Coconut flour: Used to thicken the fudge. (I love using coconut flour in my recipes because it’s super absorbent and doesn’t give off a coconut flavor at all. For those of you thinking this too – YES you can eat raw coconut flour! It’s just pieces of coconut that have been ground very finely.)
What is pumpkin butter?
Think Fall in a jar. 😉 Essentially it’s a type of “nut” butter that’s made b y mixing pumpkin puree with a little bit of sweetener and fall spices. (If you’ve ever had apple butter before it’s like that but just a pumpkin version.) The brand I get is usually very sweet and has a smooth applesauce-like consistency.
Were can I find pumpkin butter?
I usually buy mine at Trader Joe’s but I know several people that have been able to find it at other stores too. You can also look for it online at Amazon.
How do I make pumpkin butter freezer fudge?
- Start by lining a 9×5 loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Pour your chocolate chips into a bowl and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take them out, give them a good stir and heat them again for 30 more seconds.
- Take the bowl out again, add your pumpkin butter and heat the bowl for the last 30 seconds.
- Once done, stir the pumpkin butter and chocolate chips together until all the chocolate chips have melted. Stir in your vanilla. Add the coconut flour and stir again until fully combined.
- Pour the fudge into your prepared loaf tina nd place it in the freezer to set. (It’s usually ready within 30 minutes – 1 hour.)
- Cut and serve!
Tips for making and storing pumpkin butter fudge:
- Add the ingredients one at a time according to the directions! If you add certain ingredients too soon the fudge will “break” and won’t turn out as well.
- Run your knife under warm water to help make cutting the fudge easier.
- Keep the fudge stored in the freezer. It can become a little too soft if stored in the fridge for too many days. (You can either store the fudge in a plastic bag or keep it in the loaf tin.)
More recipes like this:
- Easy Chocolate Mousse Cups
- Fudgy Almond Butter Blondies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
The Best Pumpkin Butter Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup pumpkin butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Line a 9×5" loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Add your chocolate chips to a large bowl and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take them out and stir. Heat them again for 30 more seconds. Stir, add your pumpkin butter and heat for the last 30 seconds. Take your bowl out of the microwave, add the vanilla and stir again. Stir in your coconut flour until fully combined. (The fudge will be very thick at this point.)
- Pour the fudge into your prepared loaf tin and spread it out to reach all the corners. Freeze for 30 minutes-1 hour before slicing.