Looking for a quick & easy meal?! This delicious pasta dish is made with one of Taylor Farm’s brand new pasta kits making it fast, simple and loaded with flavorful!
I feel like we all need a few go-to recipes for when we’re pressed for time (or feeling lazy 😉 ) and just want a really good, simple weeknight meal. Well loves, now you can add this tasty sun dried tomato shrimp with lemon basil pesto pasta to your dinner rotation! It’s made by using a pre-packaged pasta kit that’s loaded with veggies and is topped with an incredibly flavorful shrimp dish that takes just minutes to cook!
- Shrimp: I used frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just leave them out to thaw for 10-15 minutes then peel and devein them. (I just left the tails on in my pictures to make the dish look pretty. 😉 )
- Sun dried tomatoes in oil: Adds so much flavor to your shrimp and compliments the lemon basil pesto so well!
- Salt & paprika: Used to season the shrimp.
- Taylor Farms Lemon Pesto Meal Kit: Makes cooking this meal so easy because the veggies, pasta and sauce it already premade!
What comes in the Taylor Farms Lemon Pesto Pasta Kit?
If you know me, then you know that I usually don’t prefer too many pre-made/store bought meals. (Those frozen tv dinner type of meals are just not my cup of tea.) BUT I’ve always been a HUGE fan of all of Taylor Farm’s products because they’re super tasty, so easy, and their ingredients always seem so fresh too! So this go-around I tried their brand new Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta kit and was seriously shocked at how much I loved it! The veggies were fresh, the pasta was tender and I was able to have dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes! Here’s what you’ll find in each kit:
- Precooked pasta: I was a little iffy about this at first but after heating it up in the microwave and adding it to the rest of my ingredients it was absolutely perfect. The noodles weren’t slimy or super al dente like a few other premade pastas that I’ve had. (And I actually loved the fact that I didn’t have to boil any water for them either. 🙂 )
- Veggies: This kit came loaded with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots! Which made the veggie lover in very VERY happy! Plus they were all cut small enough so they didn’t take forever to cook either.
- Lemon basil pesto: I loved this sauce! It was the perfect combination of tangy and herby and paired so well with the rest of the ingredients!
- Parmesan cheese: If you’re a cheese lover like me, then you’ll probably want to add a little extra cheese. But just having that little bit of parm that comes with the kit totally tied the whole dish together!
Click HERE to check it out!
How to make lemon pesto pasta from the kit
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Once it’s hot, add the veggies and cook until they’re slightly tender. (About 5-6 minutes)
- While the veggies are cooking, cut the pasta package open and place it in the microwave. Heat the pasta for 1 minute or until it’s warmed throughout.
- Once the veggies are tender, add your pasta and mix them together. Then add your sauce and toss the pasta to make sure everything is fully coated.
How to make sun dried tomato shrimp
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, mix the minced garlic, lemon and butter together in a small bowl and set it aside. Then place your shrimp in a large ziploc bag and season them with salt and paprika. Shake the bag to make sure they’re completely coated with your seasonings. Once the pan is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray and add your shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on one side then flip them. Once flipped, pour your lemon/garlic mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until the shrimp are cooked all the way through. Add your chopped sun dried tomatoes to the pan and let them warm up a little bit in the sauce.
- Take the pan off the burner and pour your shrimp over the pasta. Serve immediately!
I just know you all are going to love this quick and simple pasta dish just as much as we do!
More recipes like this:
- Nashville Hot Chicken Tender Salad (another recipe using Taylor Farms)
- Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Everything But The Bagel Pasta
- Easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp with Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 4oz. jar sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 package Taylor Farm's Lemon Basil Pesto kit
- Extra lemon & parmesan, for serving
- Heat the pasta and veggies according to the kit's directions and toss them with the sauce as directed. Leave the warmed pasta in your saute pan while you prepare the shrimp.
- Heat a large separate saute pan over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, mix the minced garlic, lemon and butter together in a small bowl and set it aside. Then place your shrimp in a large ziploc bag and season them with salt and paprika. Shake the bag to make sure they're completely coated. Once the pan is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray and add your shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on one side then flip them. Once flipped, pour your lemon/garlic mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until the shrimp are cooked all the way through. Add your chopped sun dried tomatoes and let them warm up a bit in the sauce. Once warm, top the shrimp over your pasta and veggies.
- Serve immediately with extra lemon and parmesan!