Mini bagel bites made with 4 ingredient dough and stuffed with cream cheese! There’s no yeast or boiling required and they taste just like your favorite Starbucks bagel bites!
Raise your hand if you loved those bantam bagels from Starbucks! (I was so sad when they got rid of them…) Well don’t worry loves because now you can easily make them at home with just a handful of ingredients! I scoured the internet after word got out of my beloved bagels discontinuation and found so many varieties and techniques on how to make them. Some you boiled (nope not for me), some used premade pizza dough (ehhh) and others required using yeast with a rising and proofing period and yatta yatta yatta… (let’s just not shall we?). But then I realized you could use a dough similar to the viral 2 ingredient bagel for these bagel bites and viola! These super fluffy stuffed bagel bites have been a staple in our house ever since! And they’re so easy to make too! (Plus perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast!)
Ingredients for stuffed bagel bites
Here’s everything you’ll need to make these fun bites:
- Greek yogurt: Only use plain greek yogurt for this recipe. (Regular yogurt is too thin and won’t form the right consistency for your dough.)
- Flour: I used all purpose flour for this recipe but gluten free flour works too.
- Baking powder: Makes your bagel bites rise and adds to their fluffy texture.
- Salt: Just a pinch brings out all the flavors in your bagel bites.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (EBTB): Trader Joe’s has the best one but you can find this seasoning at other grocery stores too!
- Cream cheese: Regular block cream cheese works the best!
- Egg white: Helps to keep your bagels from browning too much while baking.
How to make the best homemade stuffed bagel bites (just like Starbucks!)
- Preheat your oven. Turn your oven on to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make your dough. Then mix your flour, salt and baking powder together and stir in your greek yogurt until a dough forms. (Your dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl once it’s fully incorporated.)
- Form the balls. Next lightly flour a work surface and divide your dough into 8 pieces. Use your hands to tightly roll your dough into balls. (This helps the dough to stick together so the filling won’t ooze out while they’re baking.)
- Stuff them! Then flatten each ball with your hand (to about a 1/4 inch thickness) and place your cream cheese in the center. Then fold your dough around the cream cheese to seal it inside. Roll the stuffed ball with your hands again to make sure it’s sealed.
- Bake & serve. Next whisk your egg white and place your balls seam side down on your prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush them your egg white and sprinkle EBTB seasoning over the top of each ball. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve!
Super easy right?!
Let’s get creative!
So maybe everything but the bagel seasoning isn’t your thing. No worries loves! We love mixing up the toppings and fillings for these bagel bites too! And it’s so easy! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Use a flavored cream cheese and leave the top plain (or sprinkle it with sesame seeds or poppy seeds)! Strawberry, blueberry or even chive & onion are all great!
- Mix chopped green onions with your cream cheese!
- Add cinnamon and raisins to your filling & top them with cinnamon sugar!
- Place a small spoonful of jam and cream cheese in the center for the filling!
There’s so many options! Let me know if you try a new one in the comments. I’m also looking for more ideas!😉
FAQ’s for making bagel bites
- Can I freeze my bagel bites? Absolutely! Put your leftover bites in a zipped plastic bag and place them in the freezer. (I’d suggest double bagging them to avoid freezer burn.) These bagels should last for 1 month stored in the freezer.
- How do I reheat my bagel bites? To reheat, place them in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until they reach your desired temperature. (If frozen, make sure to completely thaw them first!)
- Can I make my bagel bites ahead of time? Yes, the dough can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The dough should last 1-2 days in the fridge before baking it.
Tips for making bagel bites
- Always lightly flour your work station and your hands before working with the dough! This helps to keep the dough from sticking to everything. including your fingers!
- Use kitchen gloves if you don’t want the dough to stick to your hands.
- If you’re having problems sealing your balls at the end, dip your finger in some warm water and rub it across the “seams” until they fuse together.
Side Note: There’s been a few times I’ve made these where the cream cheese kind of evaporates inside the bagels. Don’t worry if that happens to you! Just stuff more cream cheese into them after taking a bite!😉
Why you’ll love this easy bagel bites recipe
- Super simple! There’s no waiting for your dough to rise or fancy equipment here! Just a handful of ingredients, a large bowl and spoon are all you need!
- Bagels anytime you want! Now you don’t have to wait forever in line at your favorite bagel shop! Just pop these babies in the oven and you’ll have a hot and ready to go breakfast 20 minutes later!
Need it gluten free? Just replace regular flour with your favorite gluten free flour blend.
More breakfast recipes like you might like:
- Cinnamon Banana Bread Bagels
- Sourdough French Toast Casserole with Blueberries
- Banana Bread French Toast
- Cinnamon Peach Banana Bread
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Stuffed Bagel Bites
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup all purpose flour*
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes (about 1½ tsp each)
- 1 egg white, whisked
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (EBTB), for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next mix your flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add your greek yogurt and stir with a large spoon until a sticky dough forms. (You'll know it's ready when the dough pulls away from the sides of your bowl.)
- Once the dough is formed, divide it into 8 equal balls. Sprinkle some flour over your work station and lightly flour hands. Then place the balls on your work station and flatten them into an even layer. Once flattened, place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each and fold up the sides of your dough around it to seal it in. (Make sure all sides are sealed so no cream cheese bursts out while they bake. You can do this by putting some hot water on your fingers and rubbing the creases together.)
- Then place the balls on your prepared baking sheet and brush them with your whisked egg white. Sprinkle some EBTB seasoning over the top of each ball and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly and serve!