Tart raspberries and sweet mangos are layered together to make this delicious frozen treat! All you need are 5 ingredients and a blender and you’re good to go!
Summer might be winding down but it’s still hot as hell over here in Cali! Which means we’re still on the simple frozen treat kick! And since we went all summer long without making any type of popsicle (I know… how un-foodie of me…) I figured that it was better late than never to start. So here we go – raspberry and mango popsicles are on the menu today and they’re just in time for all the fun Labor Day festivities! 😉
Fresh vs. Frozen Fruit
Which one should you use? Some bloggers claim that frozen is the best, others say that fresh is the way to go… Here’s the thing, THEY BOTH WORK! If you use frozen fruit, I suggest letting it thaw to make it easier to blend. If using fresh fruit, just make sure that the fruit you use is ripe. They both taste the exact same!
How do I layer these popsicles?
It’s so easy! Take the raspberry or mango mixture and pour it in]to one popsicle mold 1/3 of the way up. Then take the other flavor and pour it on top about 1/3. Then top it off with the first flavor until it reaches the fill line. You can also just fill the molds half and half if that’s easier too!
Do I have to layer them?
No not at all! I did because I thought it looked pretty, but you can definitely mix the two layers together before placing them in your popsicle molds. Note: The raspberry mixture has a pretty strong flavor and may over power the mango flavor if using this method.
And that’s it folks!
Keeping it short and sweet today because it’s Friday and like I said earlier… it’s Labor Day weekend! Which means lots of sun bathing, pool time and bbq’s with the friends and family! Oh and treats! Lots of yummy yummy treats!
Hope you have a a relaxing weekend babes! 🙂
Want more popsicle recipes?? Check out the link below!
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Raspberry and Mango Popsicles
For the mango layer:
- 2 cups frozen mango, thawed*
- 2½ limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp water
For the raspberry layer:
- 1 12oz bag frozen raspberries, thawed*
- 2 tsps honey (can replace with agave or maple syrup)
- 3 Tbsps water
To make the mango layer:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (About 2 minutes if mango is slightly thawed)
- Store in the freezer while you make the next layer. Clean out the blender.
To make the raspberry layer:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend util smooth. (About 2-3 minutes if raspberries are slightly thawed)
To make the popsicles:
- Pour the raspberry mixture ⅓ of the way into each popsicle mold.
- Pour the mango mixture in next leaving enough room for one more raspberry layer.
- Pour the remaining raspberry mixture over the mango layer and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Place the popsicles in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until solid.