Ok who’s seen Chopped? If you’re anything like me then you could probably name the exact episode where the contestants had to figure out how to create an appetizer out of a Chinese tea egg and literally none of them (not even most of the judges) had a clue what the hell it was… And also name the winner and which restaurant they work at of said episode. I know, I know… I have a problem. BUT sometimes all those countless hours of watching cooking shows definitely pays off! Like when you come home from work and have absolutely no interest whatsoever in making dinner and find yourself rummaging through the fridge only to end up with asparagus, prosciutto and eggs.
“And there’s 30 minutes on the clock for the entree round, ready and go!”
And not even 30 minutes later (more like 10), you sit down to a delicious filling meal fit for a champion. Now that’s what I call a winning dish!
*Fun fact: a Chinese tea egg is a hard boiled egg that’s been steeped in Chinese tea, Chinese 5 spice, soy and chili oil. (Doesn’t that just sound delicious…*shakes head vigorously no*)
-Also, winner: Chef Pujan Sarkar , restaurant: ROOH in San Fransisco – Boom, mic drop!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Scrambled Eggs
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 package prosciutto, uncured
- 2 eggs
- Avocado oil spray (I use Chosen Foods)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Separate asparagus into bundles of three. Take one slice of prosciutto and wrap around the asparagus, starting at the top and ending at the bottom of the stalk.
- Place wrapped bundles on prepared baking sheet. Spray each bundle with avocado spray & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Set oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
- Cook eggs however you like them and top them over your prosciutto wrapped asparagus.