Sayyy what?? Yep ya heard right! I’m finally sharing these parmesan egg clouds with you all today and I couldn’t be more excited!
It’s funny because I just happened to stumble across this little recipe while scrolling through Pinterest one day and thought “WOW, those look amazing!” Which was then quickly followed by the thought, “WOW, those are probably super difficult too…” But they’re not! Honestly 10 minutes is all you need to impress your friends and family with these little pillows of deliciousness!
First things first though, here’s the important information you need to know when it comes to making egg clouds.
Well…they’re pretty straight forward actually. The only “hard” part I would say about making these is that you need to whip the egg whites into stiff peaks. For all of you non-bakers out there, stiff peaks basically means that if you take your beater and turn it upside down, the egg whites should be able to hold a little peak on top. (For more information and a visual reference, click here. The Kitchn)
But I think my favorite part about these clouds is that they’re completely customizable! My mind’s already racing with all the possibilities. 🙂
- Meat: bacon, sausage crumbles, chopped proscuitto, chopped ham
- Veggies: diced onion, green bell pepper, kale, spinach
- Cheese: parmesan, asiago, pecorino, mozzarella, feta, goat cheese (I like my cheese, can you tell?)
- Herbs: fresh chives, basil, cilantro, parsley
Sooo babes, with Easter and Mother’s Day coming up, I can’t think of a better way to treat your guests and show off those cooking skills! (Plus let’s be honest, they’re just wayy too fun to pass up too!)
Hope you’re all having a great day! 🙂
Parmesan Egg Clouds
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate your eggs. Put the egg whites in a bowl together and put each yolk in a separate ramekin. (This makes it easier to add the yolk to your “clouds”.)
- Using a handheld mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. (About 2-3 minutes.) Gently fold in the parmesan cheese.
- Place 4 mounds of the egg white mixture on your prepared baking sheet and make a deep well in the top of each mound. Place them in the oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- When done, place 1 yolk in each well and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Put them back in the oven to bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately!