These ooey gooey blondie bars are loaded with pumpkin and all the cozy fall flavors! You just can’t beat this tasty fall treat!
Want to know my favorite part about this time of year?! All the fun pumpkin flavored treats! And these gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip blondies are one of my favorites that I make every single year! (These are actually a spin on my banana bread brownies that are always a huge hit. So I figured why not make a pumpkin version too right?! 😉 ) But these incredibly easy blondie bars just scream fall! They’re loaded with pumpkin and all the fall flavors, are so simple to make and have the best ooey-gooey texture that will leave your taste buds begging for more!
One of my absolute favorite things about these blondies bars is that they’re made with NO BUTTER, NO OIL and they’re complete REFINED SUGAR FREE too! Plus they use simple ingredients that I’m sure most of you already have in your pantry too!
- Canned pumpkin: Do not use pumpkin pie filling! Pumpkin pie filling already has the seasonings and a few other ingredients mixed in which is NOT what we want for these blondies.
- Gluten free flour: I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten free flour for this recipe. (More details below)
- Cashew butter: Use in place of oil and gives these blondies an amazing texture and slight nutty flavor.
- Coconut sugar: Adds sweetness to the blondies without adding refined sugar. (I use this as s replace for brown sugar in most recipes.)
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Ground cloves: I used a combination of these in place of pumpkin spice mainly because I’m not a huge fan of ginger and pumpkin spice tends to have A LOT of ginger in it. That being said, if ginger doesn’t bother you then you can substitute these 3 seasonings for 1- 1½ tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
Can I use a different type of nut butter?
Definitely! I used cashew butter because it’s more mild in flavor and really lets the pumpkin flavor shine. But you could also use almond butter too! I wouldn’t suggest using peanut butter though because it has a very distinct flavor and can over power the pumpkin.
*Note: Make sure to use a “drippy” nut butter for this recipe. Because we’re using it in place of oil, we need it to be more “liquidy” than smooth. I’ve found that more natural nut butter seem to work better for this.
What kind of flour do I use?
I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour for this recipe and it turned out perfectly! (A 1:1 gluten free flour just means that you can substitute it for the exact amount of regular flour in any recipe. For example, if you had a bread recipe that called for 1 cup of all purpose white flour, you can simply use 1 cup of this flour instead to make it gluten free.) I personally prefer using this type of flour for some recipes instead of almond flour or coconut flour because there’s no guessing the correct amount involved and it almost always turns out exactly like the original recipe in texture!
Can I make these pumpkin chocolate chip blondies dairy free?
Absolutely! All you need to do is swap out the chocolate chips for dairy free chocolate/chocolate chips and you’re good to go!
I hope you’re all having the best day loves and I can’t wait to hear what you think about these bars!
More recipes like this:
- Fudgy Almond Butter Blondies
- Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Mousse Cups
- Carrot Cake Blondies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus more for the top)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the pumpkin, coconut sugar, cashew butter, egg and vanilla together with a large spoon. Add you flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Let the blondies cool for at 10 minutes before taking them out of the pan.