Peanut butter, pretzels and chocolate… does it really get any better than that?! These easy truffles are only 5 ingredients and are a sweet and salty lover’s dream!
It’s that time of the year again loves! It’s cookie exchange season! And I’m serving up these easy peasy peanut butter pretzel truffles! Fun fact: I always love to include at least one no bake treat whenever I’m doing a cookie exchange just to bring a little more variety to the mix. (That and my oven could probabaly use a break from all the holiday baking too…she’s such a trooper! 😉 ) But these little bites are so good and so easy too! All you need are 5 simple ingredients!
- Peanut butter: The basis of your truffles and is what holds your filling ingredients together. (You can slo use almond butter or even cashew butter too!)
- Pretzels: Adds flavor and thickens the peanut butter to make it easier to roll into balls.
- Maple syrup: Adds just a touch of sweetness!
- Chocolate chips: Used to make the other coating of your truffles. (I used dark chocolate for mine but you could also use semi-sweet or milk chocolate too!)
- Coconut oil: Helps to thin out the chocolate and gives it a pretty shine.
How do I crush my pretzels
Use a food processor! Trust me babe, this is by far the easiest way to crush your pretzels as finely as possible. (We’re going more for a flour-like consistency here.) But even though we want the pretzels ground as finely as possible, don’t worry if you have a few larger chunks in there too. Sometimes I actually like having larger pieces in the mix because it gives the truffles more texture when you bite into them. If you don’t have a food processor or blender though, then a good old school rolling pin also does the trick too! 😉 Just place your pretzels in a large plastic bag and go to town with your rolling pin until they’re crushed as small as possible!
How to make peanut butter pretzel truffles
- Mix your peanut butter, crushed pretzels and maple syrup together in a bowl. Then scoop out a heaping tablespoon of filling and roll it into a ball. Pleace the ball on a tray that’s been lined with parchment paper and repeat until all of your filling is rolled. Place the tray in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the balls are set, pour your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. (Stir in between each interval. Mine took about 1 1/2 minutes.)
- Use a spoon to dip your peanut butter balls one by one into the melted chocolate and shake off any excess chocolate before transferring it back to the tray. Repeat until all of the balls are coated in chocolate.
- Sprinkle the tops with extra crushed pretzels pieces and place the tray back in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!
How to store peanut butter pretzel truffles
I’ve had great luck with storing these in the fridge in an air tight container or plastic bag. I would not suggest leaving them out at room temperature becaue they can start to melt depending on how warm it is. They should last for about 1 week if stored in the fridge (if they even make it that long 😉 ).
- Gluten free version: Replace regular pretzels with gluten free pretzels.
- Dairy free version: Use dairy free chococlate chips for the outer coating.
- Switch up the peanut butter! Use different flavors of peanut butter or nut butters to make a fun creative treat! (You could even use chocolate peanut butter too!)
More recipes you might like:
- Easy Chocolate Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Raspberry Hazelnut Cups
- Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Double Chocolate Chip Butternut Squash Brownies
- Chocolate Covered Cookie Butter Eggs
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- ¼ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (dark, milk or semi-sweet)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix together your peanut butter, maple syrup and crushed pretzels. Then scoop out 1 tablespoon amounts and roll them into balls. Place them on a tray that's been lined with parchment paper and place the tray in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate has completely melted. (Make sure to stir in between each interval. Mine took about 1½ minutes.)
- Next, remove the truffles from the freezer and dip them one by one into your melted chocolate. Use a small spoon to remove them and drain off any excess chocolate. Transfer your truffles back to the tray and sprinkle them with extra crushed pretzel pieces. Place the tray in the fridge until the chocolate is set. Serve immediately!